New and looking for diet "buddies" to compare with

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Lanie, I'm 33 and from Albuquerque, NM. I began today to try to go from the "cute fat girl" to just a normal person. I've been heavy since I was 5. I have never been a "normal" weight. The lowest adult weight I ever managed was when I was a senior in highshcool and that was 170. I am looking to lose 100 pounds and am interested in making contacts in here with people on a similar journey. It would be nice to have someone eles to bounce things off of during this. I'm trying to lose weight, mainly to lessen the strain on my back and joints, but also so that for once I can just feel like a regular person. I sure hope I make it there. Anyway, if you're intrested in corresponding, say hi. :) Good luck to all of you, I hope I have good things to post in the future.

~Lanie

Replies

• reinventingandrea
    Options
    I just started here last week and my goal for now is 100 pounds also. Add me if you want. I'm beachedmama71.
  • kennasmommy
    Options
    Hi Lanie,

I have always been heavy also since as long as I can remeber. I lowest weight I was when I was a junior in high school and that was 145. I now am like you and need to loose at least 100 lbs. I agree it will be nice to have someone to bounce ideas and check in with.

Amber (kennasmommy)
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi Lanie,

I started my journey on 6/17/10 with 100 lbs to lose. I am currently down 10 lbs thanks to the resources offered here at MFP, and the abundant amount of support. Here are a few things to remember:

Drink all your water
    get in your exercise (both cardio and weight training)
    DONT call this a diet (diets seem to always fail)
    DO call this a life style change.

We are all here to support you.

Jamie
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm also looking to lose a ton of weight...around 90 lbs now...I was doing great, but then fell off the wagon. I'm back on, hopefully we can motivate eachother! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Welcome and add me as a friend!!! I'm on week 7 and going strong!!! I lost 7 lbs so far and have my official weigh-in tomorrow. I would encourage you to measure. I didn't measure when I started....denial. I didn't want to know. I have been over weight for about 13 yrs and want to lose the weight, change my lifestyle, be more active.
  • sarwood1
    sarwood1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey, Lanie. I am a 30 year old Mom. I too have struggled with my weight all my life. As a senior in high school, I weighed 160 lbs. I currently weigh about 5 pounds more than when I delivered my daughter... and I have lost some weight. MFP is a great place to get motivation and knowledge. Add me as a friend if you want.
    Good luck!
  • Ameee77
    Ameee77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Lanie :) I am currently on a very similar journey to you. I am 33, been overweight all my life. Was able to get down to 165lbs 9 years ago..met my husband, had two boys and put all the weight (and some) back on again. My goal is to lose 100lbs too... so far I have lost 11lbs here on MFP. If you fancy adding me as a friend, please do. Just knowing that you are on a similar journey helps me realise I am not alone in this. :) Best of luck!!!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started my journey at 240+ lbs in January and am down 41 lbs now. I'd like to lose at least another 30lbs, but maybe more so I can get to a normal BMI. My lowest adult weight was approximately 180 lbs my senior year of highschool and I have been "chubby" or overweight since about age 5. I have no idea what I'd look like at a "normal" weight, but I plan to find out hopefully by the end of 2010! Good luck with your journey. I'm here to encourage you along the way! :)

cheers,
    Rachel
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I am working to become 50lbs less than the woman I now. I believe you've found one of the best communities out there for supporting your efforts. Just take it one step at a time and understand that any real change is going to take time. I wish you the best in your efforts. Please feel free to friend me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • ajmiley1972
    Options
    Hi Lanie. I am new on here as of today. This is all very scarey....keeping yourself in check. I have been heavy for the last 10 years or so and really have needed this; but just didn't have the will power. I am hoping that by keeping myself in check that I will succeed. It is nice to meet you. Maybe we can help each other through our ups and downs.
  • Lanie577
    Lanie577 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone! IT's great to see so many people trying to make themselves healthier. It motivated me enough to go for a walk when I got home from work. I didn't burn as many calories as I need for the day, but I'll find something else I can do to burn what I need to without over doing it my first day. The last thing I want is to be burnt out ha ha. Anyway, good luck to you all and thank you for the well wishes. I look forward to hearing all of your stories and seeing your progress!
  • mrayniak
    mrayniak Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Lanie, I have also been over weight since a little girl and finally found the motivation to loose it. I have had a lot of success, with a lot of dedication to exercising and changing the way I eat. I am here if you have any questions or need some extra support! I will add you as a friend, then you can feel free to look at my food diary (p.s. the last 3 days are not filled in because I didn't have a computer).
  • Lanie577
    Lanie577 Posts: 4
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm on the right path. I have lost 10 pounds since I began weighing myself. I had to get on the scale three times to be sure it was reading right. I always do it in threes. Just to make sure the same weight comes up everytime. I even took the scale to another bathroom and tried again, thinking surely I had been balancing myself incorrectly to have lost the weight. I'm so excited...I realize that over time this will plateau and I will be stuck at a weight, but I think i can keep myself going through all of that. I also have to realize that some of that is when you begin to build muscle that is replacing the fat..since muscle weighs more. I'm going today to find a tape measure so that I can measure myself to watch the change. I'm pretty excited right now though. :) Thanks everyone!