The Fast Diet

Options
Anyone tired the Fast Diet? Just read the book and wondered what others thought.

Replies

• camperchick64
    camperchick64 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yep - search the groups for 5:2 Fast or for more of reading on Intermittent Fasting (there are many different types of IF) there is a group on it too. Lots of good info.
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it at the moment - wouldn't really see it as a diet but more of a lifestyle choice! It's great
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yep--and love it. The "fast" days get easier the longer you're doing them. I fast 2 times a week and also a part of the 5:2 group here on MFP.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm doing it, and it's the only thing I've found to work for me that's completely sustainable. I love it.
  • Twinky58
    Twinky58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I have been on it for four weeks now. I have lost 7 pounds, so happy with that. Will continue for as long as possible, as this is very sustainable compared to other diets I have tried. In fact it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change. Would like to hear how others are doing.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of it...what is the basis of it?
  • ninaweight
    ninaweight Posts: 1
    Options
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

It's based on various research on intermittent fasting. It's a more sustainable approach to fasting than ADF, basically, because it limits it to 2 days per week and normal eating rest of week.

I've been on it for about a month and a half. I've lost only 3 lbs but my husband has lost 12 lbs already! It's much easier than continuous calorie restriction or any of the limited fare diets (paleo, south beach, etc.) I've tried them all, but this is the only one that actually fits our lifestyle and we can do it together easily without biting each other's head off. :laugh: