New to this....needing friends and support

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Andrea and I am a single mom carrying around a lot of extra weight. I have been over weight for around 10 years now. I started gaining while in a very bad marriage; and gained even more through the divorce. I have been divorced since 2004 and gained even more weight while depressed I guess. I am looking forward to making a difference in my life not only for myself, but for my two young boys as well. I would love to be able to be the mom out playing football with them without being out of breath and ready to sit down. My other reason is I am ready to date again; I am lonely. But if I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror.....then tell me how a man is supposed to find me attractive?

Replies

• duribe56
    duribe56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi, I am Dan from Arizona, to me you just need to start feeling comfortable with you. You took a big step here and will find alot of support. Then, I don't know any man that doesn't find confidence sexy! Best of luck and stay in touch
  • Lanie577
    Lanie577 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there, well we can be new together! Today is my first day of ...being healthy (I'm not going to call it dieting because someone advised me that's just asking for trouble!! haha). I'm not sure what your plans are for exercising etc, but let me know if it's working. I'm always open to listening to new ideas. I decided when I got home from work to go for a brisk walk around the neighborhood. I walked about a mile and a half in 30 minutes, it didn't burn a lot of calories, but it's more than I would have burned watching tv. :) Keep in touch and let me know how your progress is going.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Hope you have a great experience. There are lots of nice people on here with the knowledge and tools to empower you to lose the excess. Also keeps me upbeat. No one knows what a struggle it is except the people struggling next to you :)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Hope you have a great experience. There are lots of nice people on here with the knowledge and tools to empower you to lose the excess. Also keeps me upbeat. No one knows what a struggle it is except the people struggling next to you :)

*edited: Oops, posted it twice....LOL Oh well, guess I mean it twice as much :)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I'm very sorry to hear what you've been through, but you are doing a great thing for you and your children by making the decision to get healthy. The best advice I can give you is to log in everything you eat - even if you go over. The best way to change your lifestyle (I don' t like the word diet) is to really understand what you're putting into your body. Best of luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I will help you on your journey! We can do this together! Feel free to add me as your friend!
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    Hi there, well we can be new together! Today is my first day of ...being healthy (I'm not going to call it dieting because someone advised me that's just asking for trouble!! haha). I'm not sure what your plans are for exercising etc, but let me know if it's working. I'm always open to listening to new ideas. I decided when I got home from work to go for a brisk walk around the neighborhood. I walked about a mile and a half in 30 minutes, it didn't burn a lot of calories, but it's more than I would have burned watching tv. :) Keep in touch and let me know how your progress is going.

That is where most all my exercise comes from . Walking! It does not burn as much calories as other exercise but it works. ;)
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You can do this! It is possible, just go read the success stories and see the before and after pics! It is better than any infomercial here! You will find the tools and encouragement you need. The secret is be true to you! Track every morsel you put in your mouth in the diary and the hardest and most important of all is get up and move it, move it! Even if it is only for 15 minutes starting out. Within a few weeks it will be 20 minutes, then 25 minutes then 30! With each pound that drops off comes more confidence that yes you can do it. Will it be easy? Well, NO! Will you have weeks where you don't see any movement on the scale? Well, YES! But that doesn't mean changes aren't happening. Don't get discouraged. Make a bunch of friends and try to make the most of this new lifestyle. I completely understand wanting to be able to play with the kids and enjoy life!

Good luck and have a great weekend!:happy:
  • κόσμος
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too for this journey (not calling it a diet cause it's hopefully forever). We can do this together so much better than alone! I think this will be my reason for success this time. A support system is better than any new fad :)