• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    happens to me with mayo.

that's because mayo is disgusting.
  • DavPul
    Options
    This is the cold hard truth! Salt aka sodium and fat are not good for you. You have a smart body. It is training your brain.

Fact! Salt and fat are both vital, essential, and critical to proper body function.

No kidding sherlock? Maybe you should see how much is in that package of processed garbage.

how much is too much? what's my limit for a pack of noodles?
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    They should rename them Noodles of Death and be done with it!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    This is the cold hard truth! Salt aka sodium and fat are not good for you. You have a smart body. It is training your brain.

Fact! Salt and fat are both vital, essential, and critical to proper body function.

You Americans think you're the center of the universe!

Oh so you're going to be a racist? Angel Dirt, this is how you debate on the internet?? I come here with facts about diet and nutrition and you throw jingoistic xenophobic antiwestern slurs at me?! You're just as bad as that one old fat guy! And listen to you, with your maple leaves and your Labatt's and your steamrollers and your "eh"s. This is GARBAGE! A Steamroller full of GARBAGE.

Please don't let that chick ruin your impression of Canadians.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options

No kidding sherlock? Maybe you should see how much is in that package of processed garbage.

how much is too much? what's my limit for a pack of noodles?

You asked an intelligent question so I'll answer,
    Too much sodium for me is any amount of sodium in mg's over the number of calories. I have been averaging approximately 1200 calories/day and working toward averaging 1200mg sodium/day. For 23 years I had to keep taking increasingly larger doses of more and more BP meds until I was taking max doses of a dozen, gained almost 100 lbs and wound up having 3 really major cardio and vascular surgeries in the last 4 years. That is how I met the cardiologist and the vascular surgeon. It occured to me that these 2 along with my family doc all kept harping on me about salt. On Thanksgiving Day my daughter told me about this MFP she was starting, so I told her to let me know how it works. In early March I made a profile on MFP and started looking at my snacks and foods to see what was in them. Sodium was glaring at me. WE started replacing canned pre-cooked and other processed fods with fresh vegetables mostly. It is an on-going process.
    Three weeks after I started on MFP, my BP & heart rate were so low that I stopped taking some of my meds. Called the Dr the next morning. It continued to drop. When I got in to see him I brought the print outs of my MFP daily diaries. When he had checked me over and verified that my BP was lower than he had ever seen it, I handed him the logs. My sodium was averaging 414 mg/day, he just smiled & said that was too low and to get it up around 1200. He told me to stop taking 7 of the meds I was on 5 of which I had stopped already. Now I am down to 1/2 of 3 meds twice/day. BP stays below 120/.80 and I'm losing a bit over 3 lbs/week for 7 weeks. Hopefully I will get released to start exercising @ the next visit.
    My wife is following the same guidelines and losing 2.7 lbs./week for the last 7 weeks.
    You are a young man, so can tolerate more than someone my age. When you talk to your doctor ask for his opinon, then verify it yourself. My docs were givng me the right advice all along, but I had to be able to see it and that is why MFP works for me.
    There is a young guy "Bama56" who has been here for 3 years, lost 204 or 6 lbs and made his first post yesterday. If you read all of what he says. Sodium is the main thing he got under control. His story is more than inspiring and well worth reading.
    Good luck to you.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hhahahahahaha..Im soo sorry that happened to you, but that's funny...
    I used to add a shizz load of peas, corn, tuna to it and yummmmmmm yummm yummmm.
    I lived on it for the longest time, in and out of College for tooo many damn years...
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Fast food makes me gag idk just cant look at a McDonalds the same way again..like eva
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options

Oh so you're going to be a racist? Angel Dirt, this is how you debate on the internet?? I come here with facts about diet and nutrition and you throw jingoistic xenophobic antiwestern slurs at me?! You're just as bad as that one old fat guy! And listen to you, with your maple leaves and your Labatt's and your steamrollers and your "eh"s. This is GARBAGE! A Steamroller full of GARBAGE.

Please don't let that chick ruin your impression of Canadians.

Dariln' I love Canadians especially their women. LOL!
    Seriously, many of my best friends are Canadians. I served @ the same time as one in Vietnam. He was blown out of a F-105 over the North. Lost both his legs. We plucked him out of a rice paddy just before the enemy got to him. There are many others. We have our share of ignorant people here too. Knowlege is the only cure for ignorance.
    Had to go back and edit after reading in your profile that you are a young girl! Canadian? Maybe?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I love the maple leaf but Labatts is not beer.

happens to me with mayo.

I take back every I love you. And delete all my dirty pics.
  • DavPul
    Options

I take back every I love you. And delete all my dirty pics.

NEVER!! Nobody is can make me delete my favorite bank material. Nobody!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Stay away from cup of plastic noodles altogether
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It seems that this topic has shifted a little so sorry if I am a little late x)

Just yesterday, I tried eating a Cup Noodle and I also felt nauseous. I just couldn't finish it!
    Someone mentioned this already, but it is the same with fast food. If I have it after not eating it for awhile, it will upset my stomach and I will either be throwing up or hogging the bathroom all night O.o
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    the replies here are great! And it was shrimp flavored. Never again. It could be pyschosomatic, but I legit felt naseous, so who knows. All I know is there is better food out there that my body loves.

and to whoever posted the pic of real ramen, YUM!
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    sorry this DID make me laugh but I can relate.. I have changed my diet so much that most junk food has a VERY adverse effect on my little body.. and boy howdy does my body let me KNOW its not happy!!

Indeed. Once you get away from it long enough, it will definitely affect you if you put it back in.

The Cup of Noodles wouldn't be something I would expect to do that though.
    The only thing I can think is that packaged stuff like that, especially those noodle and ramen cups are insanely high in sodium and chemicals, and that's probably what the tummy didn't like.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest craving for cup o noodles now!!!
  • kikiboniki
    Options
    I have the biggest craving for cup o noodles now!!!

dont do it!
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Haha!! I won't. I just had a sandwich for lunch. With mayo.
  • jessicapetert23
    jessicapetert23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My co-worker puts mayo in his top ramen. Says it makes it creamy. BARF.
  • kikiboniki
    Options
    My co-worker puts mayo in his top ramen. Says it makes it creamy. BARF.

thats disgusting. My body hates mayo I can't even imagine what havoc that would wreck on my innards.
  • DavPul
    Options
    My co-worker puts mayo in his top ramen. Says it makes BARF.

fixed