Skinny Fiber ANYONE???

Options
I am starting skinny fiber and would love to know some of your experiences! I need some motivation--it worked pretty well for me the first 3 days i took it but had to go off because i had to take some antibiotics

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't use it as it's nothing special. I would consider saving your money and filling up on water and fiber from foods instead.

Skinny Fiber is just like PGX that was a hit a while ago. It's nothing special. Made with cardboard components (cellulose)... do you really want to ingest that?
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    Well I see it in other foods also so what about fruits and vegetables and processed food that we eat every day
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is doing it. I think it's a waste of money. You don't need it to lose weight.
  • milesvictors
    milesvictors Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just eat a lot of whole foods, some whole grains (nothing processed), veggies, beans, etc. Fiber is your friend as it will help regulate blood sugar, digestion, metabolism, etc. Make sure you don't eat anything processed and the weight will fall off (when you maintain the appropriate number of calories). Good luck!
  • dawnbartlettreed
    Options
    I have tried it for a few months now and have lost nothing using it. I think its a waste of money also. Exercise and eating right is the way to go. Good luck!
  • thisismeraw
    Options
    Well I see it in other foods also so what about fruits and vegetables and processed food that we eat every day

Limit processed foods and increase fruits and vegetables to help with weight loss instead of a pill. It won't help you lose weight anymore than a glass of water before a meal does (and you have to drink water with this stuff). I believe it's just another multi level marketing product.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal will do the same thing. Or better yet a whole lot of veggies that will also do the same thing. Added bonus you will be getting the nutrients you need and learning a sustainable way of living.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Hmmm the first site I found was skinnyfibersite.com and it wants me to buy coloclean or something instead and the second was skinny fiber, but has no real information or worse yet price. When a product demands that I jump through hoops just to find out how much it is I tend to figure it's a scam. It sounds like the pills that used to "expand" to fill your stomach so you eat less...is that close? If so why not try having some psyllium or fiber before eating?
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    Well I was actually trying to see if anyone was doing it. I wasn't asking what do you think about it!:ohwell:
  • thisismeraw
    Options
    Well I was actually trying to see if anyone was doing it. I wasn't asking what do you think about it!:ohwell:

People were pretty much responding that no they are not using it because it's a waste of money and won't make you lose any weight that isn't due to calorie control and exercise.
  • milesvictors
    Options
    You essentially just have to suck it up and limit your calories. There is NO magic pill, just hard work and concentrated effort. Don't believe anyone telling you "Take this pill and it will be easy" or "Try this miracle diet and it will be easy". If it is easy, it is not worth it. Struggle, push, persevere, and then enjoy the rewards of your efforts.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You essentially just have to suck it up and limit your calories. There is NO magic pill, just hard work and concentrated effort. Don't believe anyone telling you "Take this pill and it will be easy" or "Try this miracle diet and it will be easy". If it is easy, it is not worth it. Struggle, push, persevere, and then enjoy the rewards of your efforts.

Well stated!!! So many people look for gimmicks. There are none.
  • marywell
    marywell Posts: 26
    Options
    I am sorry that no one is actually answering your original question. That can be a frustrating thing. I have not taken skinny fiber, but I am really considering it. We know that diet and exercise is how to properly lose weight. We know that buying a pill to aid in weightloss is risky and may not help at all, but some of us struggle daily to stick to a healthy diet without a little bit of help. I know I have a horrible time. If there is something that can help me feel full longer I can't see the harm in trying. It is nice to come on my fitness pal and ask around if anyone has had some success with a certain "gimmick". Not everyone on here can just suck it up and stay motivated in the beginning. For those that can, I commend you because I honestly wish I had your strength. If I do end up trying it, I will let you know.
  • hcoulson1
    hcoulson1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have just purchased and received my bottle of Skinny Fiber today. I have not taken it yet going to start tomorrow. It is not a quick fix supplement what so ever but rather it is suppose to cleanse your body of the toxins. I joined a facebook group called All-natural Weight Loss and that is where I learned about it. I saw some people have great success others it was slow and some not at all and it seems like those that did not have success with it, was because they don't stick with it. So, we'll see how well I do with it. I only bought one bottle and not from amazon or ebay since those could be a fake product. We'll see I'll let you know you how I do if you want!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have just purchased and received my bottle of Skinny Fiber today. I have not taken it yet going to start tomorrow. It is not a quick fix supplement what so ever but rather it is suppose to cleanse your body of the toxins. I joined a facebook group called All-natural Weight Loss and that is where I learned about it. I saw some people have great success others it was slow and some not at all and it seems like those that did not have success with it, was because they don't stick with it. So, we'll see how well I do with it. I only bought one bottle and not from amazon or ebay since those could be a fake product. We'll see I'll let you know you how I do if you want!

It never ceases to amaze me that anyone would wish to waste their money on products designed exactly for you people who are so desperate and so easily hoodwinked into trying anything other than the sensible, moderate way to lose weight. And for your information, the body is perfectly capable of cleansing toxins without needing any manmade assistance.
  • milesvictors
    Options
    Eating a healthy plant-based diet high in fruits, vegetables, and fiber coming naturally from whole foods is the best way to cleanse the body of toxins. It is so foolish to think that you can drink a miracle elixer and then continue to eat processed, toxic foods and your body will just magically "de-toxify". Think it through a little bit...
  • mandyjl7
    mandyjl7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started taking it. This is my second week. I have noticed an increase in my trips to the restroom but that is also contributed by my water consumption as well. I have noticed I meat less. 2 weeks on my diet and I've already lost a pound. Here's hoping it works.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey hun ive just order some for my selfs aswell.

Dont take these comments to heart..People can be so neg over something they haven't tired for them selves.

We know to eat healthy and get exercise plenty of water blah blah blah and sometimes we just need that little bit of extra help dont we.

Im using XLS just now as a test out since people gave me grief the other day on here for asking about them. I started tuesday and lost 4 lbs.

For me thats good i wasnt excepting anything until next weight at least.. If you wanna try them out you go ahead ill like to hear how you got on your self after a while using them xxxxx
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You'll find on here..that eating less and moving more is the sure way to lose weight. But, if you wan to take fiber pills..i don't see if that is some horrible deal. If they don't work..they won't. No need to tear you down. And perhaps they will...even it there is the placebo affect and you feel fuller. I hate being hungry.

I think so many of us have lost before, doing fad diets and using shortcuts and the result was regain. So.. that is what you're getting..a lot of attitude and frustration from those who have been there done that and don't have a tolerance for shortcuts.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You can probably get the same results (meaning more time on the can) using Fiber Choice, Benefiber, Metamucil, etc for much less money.