Zucchini/Green Squash Recipes

Options
Koholint
Koholint Posts: 104 Member
Hi fellow MFPers,

I discovered that I actually DO like zucchini, and not just when it's hidden in zucchini bread! It turns out that the stuff can be great with the right preparation and seasonings!

What's your favorite way to prepare it? Whether you make it the star in a dish or you hide it in something to make it healthier, please share your recipes! (:

Personally, I like to saute it in a little bit of olive oil, and then sprinkle shredded parmesan on it when it's done. Yum!

Replies

• ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    To be honest I blitz it in a processor and put it in my bolognese which very often had a multitude of blitzed veggies in it. I do very much like long slices of it barbecued with a tiny bit of oil.
  • bass2be1
    bass2be1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I throw it in the magic bullet and it works well with spinach and when I use kale.
  • 3_is_enough
    3_is_enough Posts: 25
    Options
    I love mine raw usually, sometimes with a little ranch dip. I also do a fry with yellow squash, onion and maybe some minced garlic in a little evoo. It's good as a summertime side dish with bbq foods.

I also recently made a zucchini lasagna --- so good!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I like to grill my zucchini with salt and fresh black pepper.
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I love roasting it in the oven with olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I like to bake mine thinly sliced in the oven at a high temperature with a little salt until crispy, like potato chips but only BETTER!