Insanity Crash

Options
Michow08
Michow08 Posts: 19 Member
I am on my 5th day of Insanity (first month/first round) and I am completely crashing today. I'm thinking maybe I need to eat more calories or maybe more sleep or more water... i don't know. But I thought working out was suppose to make you feel somewhat energized!? I want to have energy to go all out on the videos because I actually enjoy pushing myself that hard!

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I would look at your cals but also what you are eating. I tried looking at your diary but you are private so I can't see what your intake is. Insanity is a very demanding program and will drain your energy especially the first week...keep pushing but use the nutrition guide for ideas to fuel your body.
  • Michow08
    Michow08 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!
    I noticed I'm not eating hardly enough protein!! So I updated my MFP goals and food diary.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you aren't eating at least 1800 + calories, then yes, you are under eating. Use the below tool to figure out how many calories you need and make sure you follow the goal.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I noticed that doing Insanity, while it made me sore, also gave me WAY more energy. So definitely check your food, and drink LOTS of water. At least, I needed to...
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am going on my 2nd month.. I have to say the first week wore me out where I would take a nap afterwards.. if your hungry eat and don't over do it.