To JIllian or not to Jillian?

Options
I'm getting bored with my workout routine and I'm thinking of trying Jillian's 30-day Shred. I'm worried that there are tons of lunges though and I don't do lunges because my knees want to pop out. Any feedback?

Replies

• RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I'd say go for it. It doesn't seem overwhelmingly hard.
  • watagole
    watagole Posts: 6
    Options
    Definitely do it!!!!! I just finished working out with it.... there isn't that many lunges in it... and even so just modify them to make it work for you!!!!!
    :D
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday. Yes, there are lots of lunges (or at least exercises where the knees are bent some). My thighs feel great, though. I lost a pound already. It really does kickstart some weight loss.
    Best of luck!
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love it, it is a fantastic workout and it is nice and fast! My friend has terrible knees and she is doing it and is not sore at all! Good luck!!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    There are a good bit of lunges, which my knees don't like either. But I just modify as needed. While she's doing lunges, she's also doing bicep curls and stuff with arms. So if needed, during a lunge, I will often just do the arms and stay in an isometric lunge instead of going up and down... Hope that makes sense.

Try it! I'm currently working my way through the 30 days, and I feel great!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    It is a great workout for just 20 minutes of your day. You can modify any lunges that are a part of it to suit your physical needs. I say give it a try!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i did it and not only did it help me shape my body a bit more and lose weight, it help build up my endurance and motivate me. if i thought about missing a day, i started to feel bad and guilty so i did it. i would strongly advise doing it and doing the modifications, she's really supportive and helfpul when it comes to the knees.

good luck

1026866.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    When I'm in my weight training class, there are a few people who can't do lunges b/c of bad knees and they do squats instead. If you are bothered, maybe you can switch it up to squats?
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and information! Maybe I will run to Target tonight and pick up the DVD. The fact that its 20 mins or so really appeals to me.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I've got bad knees and I just go as low as I can go - no way in the world I'll ever again get my quad parallel to the floor I just do the best I can - and The Shred kicks butt - love it!!
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    where can I find the videos to these?
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    got mine at Walmart- less than 10 bucks