Hello Everyone!

SFinn
SFinn Posts: 43
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I've been using this site for about a month, but have yet to introduce myself.

My name is Stephanie. I'm currently 23 and have been overweight probably my entire life. I've been trying to lose weight since I was like 13, but I never have really lost much. My senior year of college I shot up to what I thought was a ridiculous weight for my height and decided that I needed to do something about it. I lost 30 pounds through dieting, going from 203 lbs to 173. Since then I've gained more than half of it back and need to get back on track.

I started MFP at 189 and hope to eventually reach a healthy weight.

I would love to get any tips from anyone!

Good luck!

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Welcome Stephanie, this is a great site so I am sure you will have success again at losing the weight. I love the food data base here and now they have a recipe calculator which is so cool. Join some of the challenges, they are fun and motivational.
  • SFinn
    Hello! That's awesome that you lost 33 pounds.

Where is the recipe builder located? That would actually be really useful...

Thanks!
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Click on the food tab at the very top...then all the way to the right is a recipe builder!
  • duribe56
    duribe56 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, My doctor told me to find out my BMR, I am sure you know what that is. Once I had that she recommended I deduct 500 calories to create my deficit. My body is hanging on but I am not discouraged at all, feels good to hit the gym.

Good luck to you
  • SFinn
    Thanks! And yeah I deducted a little more than 500 from my BMR but not much.
This discussion has been closed.