I'm quitting.....

Options
Yes....I'm quitting......

Feeling sorry for myself.

Yes I messed up yesterday.

Yes I messed up today.

But tomorrow I can just start again, what is 2 days going to do? Bring me from 157 back to 180? No! But if I let this stupid mistake get to me it will soon enough.

First of all, I wasn't eating enough. 700-1000 calories a day isn't enough, with exercise! I need to learn I can have more than 200 calories with breakfast and lunch combined. I need to allow myself more than that with healthy snacks in between or else I will starve my weight on me, or slowly lose it and gain it all back once I start again.

Tomorrow I am going to eat 1200 calories, maybe 1400, I mean seriously, it's NOT a crime, it's a healthy amount. I'm happy I realized this before I actually quit, but why the hell would I do that? I got far, I worked out like crazy, so what was the point if I just throw in the towel?

Well that's it :]

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Every one of us, even those who lost a LOT of weight, mess up. I have lost well over 100 pounds, but I promise there have been days, and sometimes several in a row, that I have messed up badly. I have also had really low points where I feel like I will never get where I am going. But picking yourself up and getting right back in there makes you feel better! You can do it!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yay, you! 1200-1400 is still a low dieting amount. You will feel like you are eating a ton if you are used to 800-900. No wonder you have having trouble maintaining that habit. Good for you. Shoot for six small meals a day, 300 cals for meals, and 100-200 cal fills for snacks, or more, if you exercise.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    [sarcasm]So you're just going to give up on feeling sorry for yourself? Nobody likes a quitter. I know you have some great excuses buried deep down inside of you that you just haven't tried yet. You could try saying something like exercise is bad for the environment because it makes you breath heavy. If you really apply yourself who knows what you can come up with?[/sarcasm]
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Looks like to me she is quitting an unhealthy way to diet and start a healthy approach. It's all good.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Looks like to me she is quitting an unhealthy way to diet and start a healthy approach. It's all good.

There I went and added the sarcasm tags for you.
  • Turtle1794
    Turtle1794 Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks guys :]. I actually need to take a bit of a break from cardio because I've had shin splints for awhile and never really "took it easy" like I was told too.... Now I I can't even run a lap without having trouble standing. =.=, but once they get a bit better I can go back into action. :)
  • stellafgus
    stellafgus Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I thought about quitting too but I am not a quitter, so I talk to my Dr and he upped my calorie intake to 1500 calories from 1200 to help break a plateau ,I have only lost one pound since the first of the year. Also I changed up my workout routine, this happened just today so we will see…………..
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Change things up a bit and see what happens. Remember...everyday is a new opportunity to start fresh:smile:
  • moliva4
    moliva4 Posts: 29
    Options
    I messed up yesterday too... Had an awful day at work - so went out with a coworker for a few too many beers and like 5 chicken wings. Most, and worst I've eaten since I started April 1st. Stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I gained a small amount of weight (.5 lbs). But that was enough motivation to kick my *kitten* back into gear! :) Good luck :)
  • Turtle1794
    Turtle1794 Posts: 70
    Options
    It took me awhile to realize I can eat a cookie or two during the week without feeling bad, or I can eat something before dinner if I'm hungry. Maybe I keep hitting plateau's because I'm not eating enough and I almost always feel hungry.