Morning kick starter drinks?

Options
RCMPWannaBe
RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
Recently I've been switching over from my usual tea to a raspberry lemonade from Tim Hortons (Canadians know the addiction well), and there's just way too much sugar and calories to make it worth it.

Does anyone have any alternative drinks they have?

Replies

• stiltbreaker
    stiltbreaker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I start the day with coffee (usually about 16-20 ounces) and then switch to water flavored with Mio for the rest of the day. it was hard at first but it's gotten very easy to get 64 ounce of water in.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Every morning the first thing I drink is a very simple ayurvedic drink that balances all 3 doshas and cleanses the digestive tract. Warm water with a tsp of raw honey, juice of 1/2 lemon and a pinch of salt. I feel really nice after drinking it.
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drink water the minute I open my eyes (they say it helps boost weight loss idk but I do it anyway lol)
    then I have coffee when I get to work
    and like around 10 I drink a vegetable juice :( not fun but gives me my vegetable serving (carrot,cucumber,spinich and half a green apple) BTW cucumber is amazing in vitamins
    and I usually just stick to water all day
    I dont drink nothing else
    just water water water and ocasionally Green Ice tea unsweaten:glasses: ed
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Water and coffee normally.

I've just become obsessed with Click Espresso protein shakes though. They are so good! Tomorrow I plan on adding greek yogurt to my shake and will see how it tastes.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been switching over from my usual tea to a raspberry lemonade from Tim Hortons (Canadians know the addiction well), and there's just way too much sugar and calories to make it worth it.

Does anyone have any alternative drinks they have?

How about making iced tea with flavored tea bags?

CITRUS GINGER GREEN TEA

1 1-inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
    1 orange thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    1 lemon thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    2 family size green tea bags (8 single bags)
    1 tablespoon honey or to taste (optional)

Heat 1 qt of water with ginger slices to just boiling. Remove from heat and add tea bags, steep for 3-4 minutes. Add the fruit slices and steeped tea to a gallon pitcher. Let stand about 10-15 minutes, then add honey and stir. Add enough ice and cold water to fill the pitcher.

Taste will be stronger the second day. Rub fruit slices against the back of a slotted spoon to release some juices.