HCG drops-- anyone tried it?

Options
Does anyone have experience with these HCG drops? Is the program effective? Any unhappy side effects? Any other wisdom?
thanks!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have experience with these HCG drops? Is the program effective? Any unhappy side effects? Any other wisdom?
    thanks!

Homeopathic HCG drops do less than nothing in terms of body comp changes or appetite control.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    these posts to MFPers are like catnip to cats
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I checked out the website. But....500 calories a day is going to make you lose weight whether you're taking HCG drops or not. It just doesn't look healthy to me.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    thanks!

There is NO subsitute for healthy diet and excercise habits. Pills, drops, treatments etc. are a way to get people who don't try or have no willpower to waste money.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    NO.
    and as far as "other wisdom"
    1. track your food.
    2. figure out what you should really be eating.. not using the generic 1200 calories that MFP throws at you. It's been that way for a while, right? Since you last posted on the forums about how you were always hungry... etc.

HCG isn't what you need, food is. Make sure you eat ENOUGH... it's amazing what eating the proper amount for you can actually do.

stop looking into fads.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    No
    No
    Yes
    Don't do it.

You're welcome.
  • jcollins143
    Options
    DONT DO IT!!! I have tried it and it is horrible. It is darn near impossible to function on such a low calorie. you will gain every lb back + some. I have had serious bone and iron issues since freakin HCG. Please please I beg you DONT DO IT!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Dont waste money on HCG you will get better results from a tape worm
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    I would not recommend it. It is simply a vlcd- very low calorie diet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    The drops are useless as well as the how they are promoted for weight loss. Companies like this prey on the desperate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did these right after I had my baby. I lost weight, but probably because I was only eating 500 calories and I was miserable. I'm having success with what I'm doing now (tracking calories and exercising) and I don't want to kill anyone out of hunger.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Reputable source:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hcg-diet/an02091

"HCG is human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone produced during pregnancy. As a prescription medication, HCG is used mainly to treat fertility issues. HCG is not approved for over-the-counter use, nor has it been proved to work for weight loss. Companies that sell over-the-counter HCG weight-loss products are breaking the law.

So why has there been so much talk about the HCG diet? Perhaps it's because the diet recommends severe calorie restriction — typically just 500 to 800 calories a day. People who follow such a very low calorie diet are likely to lose weight, at least in the short term. However, that level of calorie restriction has risks, such as gallstone formation, irregular heartbeat, and an imbalance of the electrolytes that keep the body's muscles and nerves functioning properly. "
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Dont waste money on HCG you will get better results from a tape worm

I saw you on the tapeworm post so funny hahahah
  • hmanley66
    hmanley66 Posts: 57
    Options
    Don't do this or the freaking tape worm diet. Oh my.

BOTTOM LINE:

There are no short cuts in weight loss. It has to be a lifestyle change. Neither the HCG or any Parasite Diet will give you this.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I see only one diary post, so I'm thinking you are new to the website.
    Spend a few days browsing the forums and learning. You'll find tons of helpful people who have had great success losing weight the healthy way.

Start with the Success Stories forum to see how they did it (hint: eating and working out).

It will not be as fast as starving yourself and putting your whole body at risk, but it will be worth it and I'm sure you'll be able to lose the 57 pounds you want to lose within a year, which is excellent and will ensure you keep it off.
This discussion has been closed.