What do you do to help you stay motivated?

Options
I saw an idea on pinterest where you add a dollar every day that you work out to a jar or piggy bank. And then when you hit your goal or a goal for weight loss or fitness, you get to use the money for something special. I'm doing that so that I can buy myself a really cute dress I have had my eye on for some time. Every time I look at my jar and see how much is in it, I get so excited and I get excited to be able to add more to it!

What do you do to stay motivated?

Replies

• 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    I really like that idea! I don't really do anything positive to keep myself motivated, i just do a lot of beating myself up...which i know is not healthy! i think i may try this and look forward to seeing what others do to keep themselves motivated :happy:
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    My initial motivation was to live a better life, and it still is. However, now I have an added incentive - to totally mess with a guy that completely screwed with me! Yes, I know this is unhealthy, but I say whatever works!
  • ainsleybtown
    ainsleybtown Posts: 484
    Options
    take progress pics!!! HUGE for me. When you see progress, you want more! more definition, tone and fat loss.
  • WhoButME28
    WhoButME28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am a subscriber to a bunch of bodybuilding channels on YouTube. These are basically guys that have either competed professionally/locally and/or are personal trainers that have videos on everything from tips on diet to exercises.

There are a number of women that have similar style channels as well. Between articles online and these videos I have garnered tons of knowledge and they are definitely inspirational.
  • ainsleybtown
    ainsleybtown Posts: 484
    Options
    My initial motivation was to live a better life, and it still is. However, now I have an added incentive - to totally mess with a guy that completely screwed with me! Yes, I know this is unhealthy, but I say whatever works!
    whatever! I would do the same. F him...show em what you have girl and what he'll never have again.
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    whatever! I would do the same. F him...show em what you have girl and what he'll never have again.

Well said!!
  • wesleysmom11
    Options
    HA. I love the truth in this! I would be lying if I didn't say part of my motivation is to make anyone I've ever been with kick themselves just a little. :) ...and boost my husband's ego a little :)
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The idea that I'll be able to wear cute scrubs instead of ones that look like circus tents.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Look in the mirror every day. And read my old work out log books, and compare them to where I am at right now. I want to beat my younger self, I will be stronger than I was in my 20's . Period.

That, And I want to be around for awhile with my kids,wife and family. I want to enjoy retirement, not just shuffle through it behind a walker .....
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't have any trouble at all staying motivated. I made a commitment to do this, so I'm doing it. No backsliding/bingeing/excuses. Every look in the mirror or reminder of how different my body feels just reinforces it.
  • psandrine
    psandrine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. When I quit smoking years ago I did something similar. I would buy something on a weekly basis that would cost the same as I would have spent on smoking. I think you need to do something nice for your self.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    when i get unmotivated, i look at my progress pictures. it really helps a lot.
    i also think about how my ticker used to say "0lbs lost" instead of 16! it reminds me how far i've come and how far i can go.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options

I can't blame you. lol, I'm fortunate that my ex is long gone and I am happily married but I still wouldn't mind it if I ever ran into the ex.

I think I also want to feel as sexy as my husband makes me feel even when he is not around.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    this is going to sound super silly but i flex and pose every day in the mirror before a shower. when i see my results and muscles, it just makes me want to skip the shower and workout again LOL

also, when clothes are big/loose on me, it motivates me to work harder.
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    By the time I reach my goal, I can use the cash for a crusie, maybe a trip to Europe! I am going to start. I will have to find a big jar with a small opening so I can not get it out until I reach goal.
  • candacefausset
    Options
    this is going to sound super silly but i flex and pose every day in the mirror before a shower. when i see my results and muscles, it just makes me want to skip the shower and workout again LOL

also, when clothes are big/loose on me, it motivates me to work harder.

I'm still much too large for all that. I avoid mirrors since they make me depressed. I would binge eat if I got depressed lol
  • candacefausset
    Options
    By the time I reach my goal, I can use the cash for a crusie, maybe a trip to Europe! I am going to start. I will have to find a big jar with a small opening so I can not get it out until I reach goal.

That would be awesome too!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I picture myself being able to wear bikinis this summer...and that motivates me more than anything! Also, like someone else said, looking at my ticker and seeing how far it has moved makes me want to move it even more.
  • colapopmusic
    Options
    I look in the mirror.
  • rr4funstuff
    rr4funstuff Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I put on my larger clothes and see how big they are now, Then I think to myself do you really want to fit back into that size.