Eat 50% of your daily calories at lunch.

Options
13»

Replies

• HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    If I were to eat a big lunch I wouldn't be able to go back to work. I work outside running a weed eater or chainsaw (other equipment). Big lunch and working in heat don't mix. Do what works for you but please don't think meal timming means anything. I mean you can argue with science but I have a feeling you will lose.
  • malena43
    malena43 Posts: 31
    Options
    I take Zantac for that.
    [/quote]

hahahahaha LOL:laugh:
  • malena43
    malena43 Posts: 31
    Options
    Dinner shouldn’t be eaten after 7 p.m. because your body’s digestion gets weaker at night and cannot process food as well; undigested food is turned into toxins and often stored in your fat cells.

lolwut?

You've got to stop listening to Dr. Oz -

tumblr_mjhnunujej1qeeuo4o2_500.gif

tHATS TRUE . i NEED TO STOP :ohwell:
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I eat over 50% of my calories in the evening. I've lost 29 pounds doing that!
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    what a bunch of bull****
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Hmm, glad it works for you. I eat 66% - 75% of my daily calories between 7pm & 9pm. With 50% coming in after 8pm. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss.

RejectReality_zps3ae4005b.gif
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    undigested food is turned into toxins

I wonder what toxin "undigested" pop tarts turn into.

WheresMyPopTart_zps36718452.png
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've tried this and would LOVE to do it, but I always get really hungry at night (even when I eat a HUGE lunch) so this just makes me go way over on calories! If you have any tips for that, please message me!!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    And that brushing your skin with a $20 oven mitt would release the toxins.

Um... what the heck?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've tried this and would LOVE to do it, but I always get really hungry at night (even when I eat a HUGE lunch) so this just makes me go way over on calories! If you have any tips for that, please message me!!

How bout by NOT doing it and eating the way your body/mind prefers?
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump- worth a shot

I bumped this before realizing that everyone was hating on it. Although I don't necessarily agree with the specifics, at least for me I've noticed a few things.
    1) Eating later at night- I don't digest everything that night, therefore the scale in the morning is heavier (generally because I haven't gone poop!)
    2) Doing something like this may just be a filling affect.

As far as what to eat, I generally ignore all of that anyway.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Timing of your meals doesn't affect your weight loss.
    Timing doesn't matter.
    Meal timing is about personal preference.
    meal timing and size of any particular meal is completely irrelevant.
    For weight loss meal timing is irrelevant
    Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss.

Haha, what's this obsession with weight loss?
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This nonsense was on Doctor Oz... Straight nonsense. This lady was saying fat storage was a digestive problem. I said yea, you're digesting too much GD food! If you lose weight doing this, it's because it made you feel full better and you ate less calories somewhere else. Some people don't want to or even need to eat breakfast. The metabolism actually might go up over night when you sleep, according to some studies. But it doesn't matter. The cycle of storing or burning energy, i.e. staying alive, has very little to do with sleep or what time of day you eat., and why would it? Your body could care less how far the earth has spun, it just wants to live. 2013 and we're still on this 1990's shhhhhhhh. Please feel free to add me and/or read my statuses...anyone. The only reason to worry about time of day of eating is digestive issues/problems with people who might have reflux or problems laying down on a full stomach, thus making eating at night or before bed an issue. Other than that, the body could care less about what time of day you eat and you should eat when you can feel the most comfortable and when it's most repeatable. This can help train important hormones like Grehlin which helps influence hunger. I have a client who used to swear she couldn't make it to noon without eating. Now she goes til 1 or 2. Freeing up her ability to eat more later and have dessert later before bed.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump- worth a shot

I bumped this before realizing that everyone was hating on it. Although I don't necessarily agree with the specifics, at least for me I've noticed a few things.
    1) Eating later at night- I don't digest everything that night, therefore the scale in the morning is heavier (generally because I haven't gone poop!)
    2) Doing something like this may just be a filling affect.

As far as what to eat, I generally ignore all of that anyway.
    Lets try this: You're heavier in the morning because you added mass into your body the night before! Am I missing something here? Otherwise you're bypassing the general laws of thermodynamics. I mean I know we're not a closed system but for the most part we are until we excrete waste. Plus the average scale is affected by temperature drops that might occur over night. Just another reason to pretty much ignore the scale.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I eat my biggest meal at dinner time. The majority of my calories seem to be listed under snacks. I must be doing something right though....

eat wit in your calories, most of the time, and eat when you are hungry. Just saying....
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    For those of us working nights, my "lunch" was at 1 AM. Actually I stopped naming my meals, it's easier that way. I'll go home at 7, eat a small meal - whatever I may call it, go to bed, wake up at 4 PM and eat another nameless meal. But the weight still comes off.
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    General Diet and Weight Loss
    Eat 50% of your daily calories at lunch.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
    I WISH YOU MUCH SUCCESS.
    GG
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Stop with the junk-science already! Unless I see a medical journal with peer-reviewed studies that prove this hypothesis, this is all I have to say about this post....

tumblr_l90bi9hrPV1qdy45eo1_400.jpg