No Progress...confused?

Options
Okay so I'm on 2 weeks now of working out and changing my diet and I'm not seeing any progress...I feel like I'm gaining not losing.

Day 1-Cardio/Upper Body
Day 2-Cardio/Ab
Day 3-Cardio/Lower Body
Day 4-Cardio/Rest
Day 5-Cardio/Upper Body
Day 6-Cardio/Ab
Day 7-Cardio/Lower Body

I've had a few food slip ups. I take 1 scoop of whey in 8 oz of milk after strength training. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    More patience. It's been 2 weeks.

Also, holy cardio. General advice - take a rest day or two, and if you are really going to do that much cardio, your calorie deficit should probably be smaller.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • 19andneverthesame
    Options
    Think you might have gained muscle?
  • mslh84
    mslh84 Posts: 180
    Options
    More patience. It's been 2 weeks.

Also, holy cardio. General advice - take a rest day or two, and if you are really going to do that much cardio, your calorie deficit should probably be smaller.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

The cardio seems like a lot, but it's not...I do 20 minutes on strength days, and 30 minutes on the rest days.
  • mslh84
    Options

No idea...I don't want to measure again yet until a month has passed.
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Not in two weeks. Seriously. Just give it time.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Is your diary open so we can see what you are consuming?
  • mslh84
    Options
    Is your diary open so we can see what you are consuming?

Yes its open. I'm still making diet changes.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    I started out to lose the same amount as you and have lost 26 lbs since March 4th. Would you change yor settings under food to show Sodium?
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    hang in there girl !!!! you can do it :)
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough protein to build muscle, so up to 30-40% of your daily calories. When you eat carbs, get them from natural sources such as veggies and fruit and legumes. Try to avoid grains and dairy as they can cause mucus build up and inflammation in the body. Use higher weights and high intensity interval training for cardio to effectively burn fat. Don't totally rely on the scale, take measurements for fat loss too. also see if your clothes feel looser. hth. I am just started but i did a bit of research and im taking classes on stuff like this.
  • mslh84
    Options
    you are not eating enough protein to build muscle, so up to 30-40% of your daily calories. When you eat carbs, get them from natural sources such as veggies and fruit and legumes. Try to avoid grains and dairy as they can cause mucus build up and inflammation in the body. Use higher weights and high intensity interval training for cardio to effectively burn fat. Don't totally rely on the scale, take measurements for fat loss too. also see if your clothes feel looser. hth. I am just started but i did a bit of research and im taking classes on stuff like this.

I'm getting between 135-200 grams of protein each day which I read is more than what is required for me. I also cannot do high intensity cardio stuff as I have osteo-arthiritis in my hip. I do the eleptical, and plan on alternating that with walking.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Please do a search on these forums for the post entitled 'welcome to MFP, don't worry there's cliff notes'
    ( sorry, not sure how to post link)
    Great post which tells you all you need to know about the best way to go about the process of weight loss.
    Good thing is, you don't have to over complicate things and stress your body out to make this work...
    Good luck on your journey
    X