-20 lbs in 2 weeks by working out?

Options
I want to loose 20 pounds in or around two weeks time. I don't want to do any diet gimmics, just pure healthy eating and intense cardio and strength training. I am not sure about the right calorie ratio. Does anybody know the best cardio/training and the number of calories in VS burnt to accomplish my goal? I am starting out pretty out of shape (easily winded but determined) thanks for the input!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I don't know how possible that is, but I myself lost 20 lbs in my first month just by eliminating cokes from my intake. I also worked out 6 out of 7 days a week. I was drinking almost 10 cokes a day. Good luck!
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    It depends how heavy you are starting out.

The heavier you are, the most lbs you can shed. The closer you are to your "weight goal", the less likely you can shed large amounts of weight w/in a short period of time... Even if you work out 10x a week and cut your calorie intake to 1200cal/day.
  • inpeaces
    inpeaces Posts: 12
    Options
    I hate to be the one to break it to you but there is no healthy way to lose that much weight that quickly.. I am sure we all would like to see ourselves 10lbs lighter each week but it's just not realistic... The most you should lose is 2lbs per week, anything more is a strain on your body, and attempting to lose 20lbs in 2 weeks could possibly wind you up in the ER...Be smart about your weight loss and set yourself a more realistic goal, how about 20lbs in 3 months? Remember if you set an unrealistic goal for yourself you will more than likely just end up discouraged because you didn't reach it... Take small steps and remember it's not about being skinny, but being healthy. I wish you luck!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 20 pounds in or around two weeks time. I don't want to do any diet gimmics, just pure healthy eating and intense cardio and strength training. I am not sure about the right calorie ratio. Does anybody know the best cardio/training and the number of calories in VS burnt to accomplish my goal? I am starting out pretty out of shape (easily winded but determined) thanks for the input!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

20lbs in two weeks?

I am not sure that can be done even if you were to run miles and miles each day on just 1500 calories per day. It would equate to 40lbs loss in a month and I have never known anybody to achieve anywhere near that unless they have been massively obese.

3500 calories deficit = 1lb, so you would need to be in a deficit of 70,000 calories - yes 70,000!

Put it this way, burn 7000 calories per day in your job and exercise (is your job a manually active job, lots and lots of moving about, not stopping except for toilet breaks and lunch break?) Run on the treadmill for one hour at 6mph you could burn off, say, around 600 calories per hour. Swim for an hour, non stop that would burn around 600 calories.

Burn 7000 calories per day, it leaves you with 2000 calories to eat, drink and sustain yourself.

As I said, too many calories required to burn and I think you are being way too optimistic there.