NSV !

Options
Kaypix
Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
Early this morning (5:30AM) I woke up to let my dogs out. Last night I didn't get to eat as much as I'd like due to my calories running low, so I had a healthy dinner. The craving stuck with me all through the night apparently and this morning when I woke up I actually made it TO the cupboard, grabbed a bowl and then a box of raisin bran.

This might sound healthy, but here's the rub: When I eat cereal, I don't eat 3/4 a cup, I eat like, 2 cups, or at least a cup and a half, with milk, and sugar (not splenda) generously dumped on top.

I stared into the empty bowl and at the box in my hand, took a deep breath, and put the box back! I crawled back into bed like it never happened, woke up again at 6:00 and started my day over.

Go me!

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Way to go, I also am one who eats a lot of cereal. Serving Sizes for those seem ...wrong to me lol

Awesome job though keep it up!
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Same here. I pour a huge bowl of cereal
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    Those cereal serving sizes are horrible! Whenever I eat cereal, it's like a treat and I heap 2 cups of it into a giganto-bowl. Good for you for stopping at one serving!
  • Kaypix
    Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I totally feel like a champ :-) of course I botched my lunch but will be at my target calories for the day still, so it's all good
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I also eat not the suggested serving--but my cravings serving of 1-2 cups at a time. You got me crazing raisin bran. LOL.
    When my husband gets called out to work in the night I am well known for getting up to grab a cookie...BAD. I no longer bake because of this. Haha.
  • knittermom07
    knittermom07 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am a giant bowl of cereal addict too! Much love, I hope to get back to my previous habits of never buying cereal again...
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    that is super awesome!! way to go!! :) I am the same with cereal, I just pour a huge bowl and eat it all!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!