What do you do to help you stay motivated?

Options

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I bought new gym clothes, some of those spandex pants and new top, makes me want to go to the gym. I think being around like minded people like at the gym helps.
  • sarahann513
    sarahann513 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of different things... progress pics, searching motivation on pinterest, I have a team of ladies that are all dedicated to living healthier lives (msg me to join), challenges, mini challenges, posting on facebook for accountability... etc. You just gotta find what works for you, and most importantly find your drive! Remember why you are doing what you're doing.
  • Heather21222
    Options
    I have a short tight dress in my closet I am dying to go out in and feel confident in. Not looking like I am 4 or 5 months preggo! I am motivated to rock that dress!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I hung my bikini in my bedroom, that way I always see it and it reminds me to push harder when I feel like quitting.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Part of my goal is to pass the law enforcement fitness test. To focus on this goal I have a copy of the chart hanging where I see it frequently and I volunteer with the PD. I challenge myself often to see where I am and what I need to work on.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What motivates me? Harder and harder workouts by my trainer, Running faster longer, lifting heavier, no longer being diabetic or nolonger having sleep apnea
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I hung my bikini in my bedroom, that way I always see it and it reminds me to push harder when I feel like quitting.

I swear I thought that said you hug your bikini. lol Hanging is much better!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I stand in front of a mirror naked. It's a double whammy. I get motivated AND lose my appetite!
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple. I know I will never be able to have the career or body I want if I don't keep working to get in the shape I need to. So, I have a lot depending on it, and I need to make it happen. Time spent making excuses and not staying motivated is time that could be spent actually doing the work...unless you are taking rest days!
  • YouTarzanMeVeganJane
    YouTarzanMeVeganJane Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i take it one day at a time and think that it is for my health not for weightloss ...weightloss just comes with it....
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I look at other peoples tickers lol. I think if everyone else can do it I can too =).
  • YouTarzanMeVeganJane
    Options
    take progress pics!!! HUGE for me. When you see progress, you want more! more definition, tone and fat loss.

i do this too:happy:
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I stand in front of a mirror naked. It's a double whammy. I get motivated AND lose my appetite!

This^^^ Works for me too!:laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have a "motivation" folder on my desktop full of my favorite before and afters. I also liked a bunch of fitness pages on FB, so my wall is full of motivational posts and progress pictures.

Yeah, I wish I could do the money thing, but that buck's gotta go towards food. ;)
  • danapenguin
    danapenguin Posts: 161
    Options
    just the thought of my mom getting into smaller pants than me is enough for me to get my butt to the gym!
  • PlatinumChic35
    PlatinumChic35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The fact that I cant fit any of my clothes? I know the weight was gradual, but I don't remember when ALL my clothes stopped fitting? I cant wear anything. I gained 50 pounds. I went to Target to buy joggers causes I refuse to buy clothes 2-3 sizes bigger.
  • YouTarzanMeVeganJane
    Options
    oh and i reward myelf with shoes next up is mani and pedi...then dye hair red....then jeans:love:
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Fitness quotes mainly. Posting them on Instagram. I have quotes all over my walls in my room. I have like a lot in my phone. Clothes also. I have this dress I bought last summer and I try it on every few months to see how much better it fits. I'll be trying it on again next month to see how much I've improved in the last 2 months. That's good motivation. It's the only thing I bought last summer that I can't fit yet.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I buy an outfit about 1 size too small and work to fit into it! I've already gotten into my company jacket, a dress, jeans and a capris set I bought years ago but have never been able to fit. Plus we booked a trip to Disneyland in December for our 35 birthdays and I want to go on a shopping spree for cheap U.S. clothes (I live in Canada, clothes can be more expensive here).

EDIT: I'm still 81 lbs from my goal and I have a lot of work to do but it'll be worth it in the end. Plus my last dr. appointment I had blood work done and I got a total clean bill of health, exercise and watching what I eat is the total key to health! great motivation right there!
  • AmandaNichol315
    Options
    I enjoy a healthy amount of hiking, so I need to stay fit enough if I want to continue to enjoy hiking in random places.

If I'm prevented from being outdoors because of class or some other prior commitment, I will make myself play a solo game of raquetball or workout at the gym.

If I'm feeling extra lazy, I'll throw in all sorts of herbal remedies to get me motivated!