I know this has probably been asked to death...

Options
xynyth
xynyth Posts: 89 Member
But I searched the forums and didn't find what I was looking for.

I'd like to know if there is a HRM that my husband and I can share, or if they are all personalized to one user. I'm most interested in it's ability to estimate calories burned rather than, like a pedometer type thing. Anything with an (upper) arm band is out.

Also do you usually only wear a HRM when working out or is it an all day thing?

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about sharing, but I only wear it working out. If you are looking for something to monitor general activity throughutthe day, one of my friends likes her FitBit.

Good luck!
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You only wear it to work out. I shared the polar F7 with my wife for months before she got her own. You have to change the sex, weight and age between users, but that only takes seconds.
    The chest strap easily adjusted for both our uses.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about sharing, but I only wear it working out. If you are looking for something to monitor general activity throughutthe day, one of my friends likes her FitBit.

Good luck!

I agree ^

for working out if you wanted to get one HRM - you would have to change the stats back and forth before you use it. Depending on the kind you get..not a hard task. Be sure to get a chest strap (only wearing while working out I have the FT4 and I can hardly feel it) I understand they are more accurate.

I have a fit bit zip as does my husband. Tiny little thing he wears on his belt I on my hip (you could put it on your bra) - tracks steps and estimates calories burned through the day. About $50 on amazon - love it!! I wear mine all day - take it off before bed. The zip does not track sleep patterns.
  • xynyth
    Options

Good luck!

Thanks :) The fitbit seems to be on the top of my list for myself, but it would be nice if we didn't have to buy two. I just can't seem to find if they can be shared or not.
  • xynyth
    Options
    You only wear it to work out. I shared the polar F7 with my wife for months before she got her own. You have to change the sex, weight and age between users, but that only takes seconds.
    The chest strap easily adjusted for both our uses.

Awesome! thanks!
  • xynyth
    Options

Good luck!

I agree ^

for working out if you wanted to get one HRM - you would have to change the stats back and forth before you use it. Depending on the kind you get..not a hard task. Be sure to get a chest strap (only wearing while working out I have the FT4 and I can hardly feel it) I understand they are more accurate.

I have a fit bit zip as does my husband. Tiny little thing he wears on his belt I on my hip (you could put it on your bra) - tracks steps and estimates calories burned through the day. About $50 on amazon - love it!! I wear mine all day - take it off before bed. The zip does not track sleep patterns.

Thank you :) That's very helpful. I'll look in to that one too :)