Thyroid removed. Have question

Options
Hello everyone. I have been on the weight loss block since i had my thyroid removed five years ago. My meds are ok. I go to gym and work out hi cardio 4 times a week, watch what i eat, reduce carbs and still can't get my weight down.

I am going to try mfp again and pay closer attention. My question is this. On my profile since my metabolism is about non existence, should i mark sedetary on the activity level rather than light activity since i don't have a normal metabolism?
I already know muscle weighs more and i need to eat in relation to how much i burn.

Thanks for any help you can offer in this area.

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I also don't have a thyroid and put down that as " light activity " bcause I walk the dog, live on a 4th floor without an elevator which means that each time I leave the house I climb 108 stairs, I garden, do all of my own cleaning, home maintenance etc.
    I also commute twice a week 2 hours each way ( a total of 8 hours) on public transport which means walking hundreds of steps, plus I volunteer 10-12 hours in a soup kitchen on Sundays, which means that I walk or at least am on my feet all that time.
    I know my metabolism is shot, I could not see myself putting down " sedebtary ", because I am not.
    Also ( I just joined last month ago ) but lost with smart eating ( lots of veggies, no bread, nothing low-fat or " light " ) just over five pounds and am happy with the result.....:o).
    Good Luck to you !
  • Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    Conventional 1-size-fits-all (normal)- people measures will not apply to someone who is compromised like you. It is advised that you consult with a endocrinologist or medical nutritionist to determine your metabolic rates and loads.

Cheers,
    -Mharren