Kind of silly but a big success for me.

Options
misty589
misty589 Posts: 319 Member
I am an emotional eater, and had a really rotten night at work last night, because of what happened at work I didn't get to eat my supper until 9 at night, so I was starving. What I really wanted to do was eat my planned supper, then come home and binge on ice cream and chips and dip..............but I didn't,, It was really hard but I didn't do it. I ate my supper, read for awhile and went to bed, and I couldn't be more proud of myself this morning!

Replies

• navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    well done, the little successes lead to big ones!!! as the saying goes every little helps!!! keep up the good work.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If you think about it that is not small at all, it was those types of habits that added the pounds and you have proven that you have identified the issue and can take control at the same time congrats!
  • laurabombora
    Options
    No I totally understand how you feel! I get those exact type of feelings nearly everyday, so I totally think you should be very proud! Remind yourself how good that felt next time you have one of those battles! hehe. Really good work! Keep it up. :)
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Honestly, that is a major success. That shows you are starting to break the cycle of linking your emotional states to eating. I am also an emotional eater - if I'm celebrating, I eat. If I'm sad, I eat. Rotten cycle, as I use food as both a reward and as a comfort.
    You have taken a big first step in resisting and retraining your own thought patterns.
    Way to go!!!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    very good!!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    That is a BIG success (wish I could say the same for my evening last night, ha!). It is inspiring for me to read and glad that you pushed through your emotional eating pattern. Great step forward!
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    This is a huge success!!! You did great!! It is so hard to resist the urge to binge when the emotions are in turmoil. Awesome!!:flowerforyou:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    its certainly NOT silly. Thats a great job!!! you are breaking the pattern and changing your life thats what this is all about!!! Good job!!
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    FANTASTIC! If I were able to do this, I would be DAMNED if I ever let anyone call it a 'silly thing'. So, you take it, run with it, 'cuz it is HUGE! Pat yourself on the back, because you are, indeed, breaking a bad habit cycle.

I am proud of you, and I am glad you are recogizing this as a success! Because it is! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!