Low Motivation

Options
kmard81
kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
How do you get through the workout days when you are utterly and completely at a loss for motivation?

Today I didnt complete my 3 mile run...instead I did 2.3. I was struggling..BAD! I was thirsty, my stomach hurt, my body ached. I think I have just been over doing it. I figured I am not going to be too hard on myself though. 2.3 miles was still more than all those people sitting on their couhces. I wanted to keep going, I just couldnt find it in me to do so ;(

Replies

• LittleSoybean
    LittleSoybean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm still new to going to the gym and eating healthy but I know what you mean. I don't know if this will help you or not. But I always set the treadmill for 45 minutes on a 5 incline and 3mph...usually about 1/2 through i'm ready to say screw it and just go do machines. When I start feeling like that I picture everyone that is pulling for me to meet my goal behind me pushing me... I name them all off in my head and after a few minutes I'm reenergized and ready to finish it out. Don't know if that will help you or not... Good luck! Keep up the good work!
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm still new to going to the gym and eating healthy but I know what you mean. I don't know if this will help you or not. But I always set the treadmill for 45 minutes on a 5 incline and 3mph...usually about 1/2 through i'm ready to say screw it and just go do machines. When I start feeling like that I picture everyone that is pulling for me to meet my goal behind me pushing me... I name them all off in my head and after a few minutes I'm reenergized and ready to finish it out. Don't know if that will help you or not... Good luck! Keep up the good work!

thats great advice!