30-Day Challenges, and Exercise Questions!?

Options
ms_jen21
ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
Do any of you guys do those 30 Day Challenges? Are they worth it? What are some Pros & Cons of doing them? Do you know where I can find out the different types there are? I know I've seen Squats, and one for Planks. Also, anyone know how to log this stuff on to MFP? Thanks for your help!

~ Jennifer

Replies

• ms_jen21
    Options
    bump
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If it's just a challenge like the 30 day squat challenge then just put it under the strength training section. So you can put how many reps you did. That's what I did when I did the Squat challenge. We also had to check in everyday so that's how I kept up with how many I was suppose to do everyday. I saw a Push-Up challenge. I'm not going to do it but I saw it on the forums.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day squat challenge. All I have to say is it was AWESOME! I know that sounds weird but I noticed a change, my thighs are stronger, my butt is slowly tightening up, I've got chunks missing where it seems to be burning fat. BUT I noticed that I can't stop at one month because I have a big butt, so I'm continuing on with the squats but not the 250, I'm trying for 100 to 150 on the same type of schedule as the challenge. I have also started the 50 miles in May challenge. I find that these challenges help motivate me. By committing to them I force myself to keep moving and exercising. I'm hoping to do a 30 day crunch challenge in June.

Anyway long story short, I enjoy them and I feel they motivate me. Good luck if you choose to do one! :happy:
  • ms_jen21
    Options
    Thanks! I think I may do one! :)
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love doing them! I have a couple groups of friends who post a monthly one on Facebook. We check in every day or every couple days and everyone is great about encouraging each other. Right now, I've got three I'm in - 100 squats/day, 2000 lunges/month, and a plank challenge, which is just holding it for as long as you can, trying to hold it a little longer each time.