27.5lbs gone since 4th January 2013

Options
papillon71
papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
Hi everyone, I am thrilled with my weight loss journey this year, after failed attempts over the last few years I decided this was MY YEAR no excuses. I have lost weight every week, it's averaging out at 1.5lbs a week overall, not one week where I did not lose anything or gained weight.

I have lost 28.1lbs (12.5kg) (I put the wrong figure in the heading!) which is close to 2 stone since 4th January 2013. I can't exercise hardly at all due to a severe back injury so have stuck to a strict 1200 cal a day limit and changed all my eating habits. Lots of healthy salads, veg, fruit, lean meats, no junk food at all, no cheating (you only cheat yourself) I have had my whole attitude to food change, I no longer use to to comfort me and eat when hungry not out of boredom (I am 41 so it's taken a LONG time to break that one)

I was thrilled today to see my BMI has now hit the "overweight" range from "obese" which is good news for my health and has added years to my life.

Happy to have new friends for mutual support and encouragement, don't give up, keep going!

Replies

• 4Shantel4
    4Shantel4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !! I cant wait to get out of the "obese" category.. *raises glass* here's to a new lifestyle we can be proud of !!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats on leaving OBESE!! I aspire to your greatness.

(Oh, and don't get discouraged if you start to have weeks you don't lose. Weight loss is slower as it goes on.
  • AshleyMertes
    Options
    Congrats!! This is great :) you are inspiring!
    I'm looking for new fitness pals on here to help with encouragement and motivation; feel free to add me!
  • stayfocus3d
    stayfocus3d Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    wtg! high five. keep going and stay focused. hugs
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • Mrslldavies
    Mrslldavies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi we started on the same day! Well done on your loss, you are doing fantastically well! Feel free to add me if you like :-)
  • agubbins
    agubbins Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today and can't wait to start losing like all of you awesome people have ! I can't believe I didn't know about myfitnesspal...or maybe I didn't want to know...lol !!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    WTG! You are doing fantastic. Congrats, and keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!