I can do it, right?

Options
I have 2 parties this weekend.. both of which will feature lots of food. The kind of food that is made for mindless eating. I plan on keeping away from the food table and drinking lots of water. But it's going to be tough.. wish me luck :wink:

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it. Why don't you post back on this thread how you did for accountability? That way all the junk won't be so tempting if you have to report back here to us! :wink:
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    good luck! I have a party tomorrow night and was just thinking the same thing! I know we can do it! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    sure you can, maybe eat something filling before you go so you wont be so tempted. Just don't even pick it up. Carry a water bottle and every time you have the urge or temptation take a big ol swig. Good luck! Most of all, enjoy the party!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat before you go and if it's the type that you take something to, take your own low cal meal. If not, just eat a tiny bit so that they wont have their feeling hurt, but you won't take in all the calories either. Good luck!
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    yes you can do it, you are stronger than you think!!! =D
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think that is why I posted this.. peer pressure? In the best way, of course. I will return to this on Monday and let you know how I made it.. anyone else who has a "tempting" weekend coming up is more than welcome to do the same thing.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Eat a handful of almonds on the way there.
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Make sure you have a good filling and healthy meal before you go. And don't second guess yourself, you can do whatever you want, food does not rule you, its just food, its all in your head :) Enjoy your party :)
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    Wear something tight so you know that if you get full it won't look as good. And eat healthy before you go.
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hang in there--you can do it! The almonds are a good suggestion--I'd even think about bringing some. Just concentrate on being charming and flirting and having a good time, and you won't even think about the food!
  • Sharont213
    Options
    you guys are all awesome. thanks for all the support. I can do it. :bigsmile:
  • Sharont213
    Options
    I got through the first party and feel pretty good about how I did.. hard to accurately log it but I didn't spend my time near the food table so I know I did better than I usually do. Next challenge is tomorrow.. woo hoo
  • Sharont213
    Options
    Well, I managed to make through both parties and all in all, I am patting myself on the shoulder. Although none of you would know this, parties are tradionally my weakest area - especially if there are things like nachos and cheese and other snackables. But this time - for both parties, I allowed myself a few pieces only and then I stayed away from the things that are most tempted to me. I didn't really record my calories accurately, but I don't think I was too far off.. I am happy with myself today!!