Anybody else have a hard time when they are in boring

Options
situations, like training classes? I eat more just because I'm bored and sitting. I took a walk 2 days in a row now and hope I will keep that up but not losing lbs or inches this week:( grrrrrrrrrrr:noway:

Replies

• sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I doodle, count days and make goals in my calendar and bring healthy snacks that are spicy so I dont eat too much....but boredom is always a tricky beast.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely. I try to ask myself, "Am I eating because I'm really hungry, or just bored?"
  • Allie1982
    Allie1982 Posts: 9
    Options
    I do too! I also have a harder time when I am at home on the weekends versus being at work during the week. I find myself wanting to snack much more :( I have been trying to wait 30 minutes and see if I am still hungry. If I am, I get a small snack, if I'm not, I know I wasn't really hungry, just bored!
  • saints2010
    Options
    The first 20 are easy and results seem fast. After that it takes more time since the body notices a change and tries to reserve.
    Keep at it, you'll get there.
  • mv4jack
    mv4jack Posts: 1
    Options
    I always have gum and a bottle of water handy in boring meetings. The gum makes it feel like I am eating and the water fills me up.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    The bonus of drinking water in a boring meeting is that you have to leave periodically!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    build things with the stuff at your table....paper clips, pens, wadded up pieces of paper...arrange with the person next to you, take one turn at a time, it's completely childish yet creative and really passes the time~!
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Bored and tired are my two triggers, so dull training courses are the absolute worst!! I agree with lots of water. And if you can bring in your own snacks - maybe a little bag of nuts or dried fruit or something - that might keep you away from the inevitable sugary snacks that are offered up at break time (I'm in the UK and it's always biscuits/cookies - and lunch is always late enough that I get super hungry if I don't eat something so I bring my own!)
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Teachers meetings are the worse.....I'm looking forward to them this year!!!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful comments and suggestions:) I am sorry I left this post and didn't return right away!!

I will remember all the ideas and especially keep up on my water. That is such a great appetite suppressor, in fact, I heard that dehydration can disguise itself as hunger. Maybe true maybe not. But if I don't have any snacks at my desk, or a limited amount that won't blow me over my calorie allotment, I do better;) Thanks again ladies, your pal, denise:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: PS (edit)actually I think it was thirst disguises itself as hunger;)