Compare couch to 5k log progress

Options
Anyone want to share their couch to 5k progress so far? I am on W4D2. I know I am progressing but I just feel like maybe I am moving WAY too slow? I am barely getting in 2 miles.

W1D1 1.84 TOTAL DISTANCE
.97 WALK DISTANCE AVG PACE 19:44 MIN PER MILE
.87 RUN DISTANCE AVG. PACE 10:55 MIN PER MILE

W2D1 2.18 TOTAL DISTANCE
1.05 WALK DISTANCE AVG PACE 16:52 MIN PER MILE
1.13 RUN DISTANCE AVG PACE 9:42 MIN PER MILE

W3D1 1.95 TOTAL DISTANCE - This day sucked I think this was the day I was chased by the goats I dont remember.
.74 WALK DISTANCE AVG PACE 12:34 MIN PER MILE
1.21 RUN DISTANCE AVG PACE 9:53 MIN PER MILE

W4D1 2.25 TOTAL DISTANCE
.89 WALK DISTANCE AVG PACE 15:17 MIN PER MILE
1.36 RUN DISTANCE AVG PACE 11:45

ETA I am only running outdoors, and on a street that is slightly "hilly"

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I didn't hit the 2 run mile mark until week 6. You look to be on track actually.

Also, run for time not distance. Focus on hitting that 15 minute mark, that 20 minute mark, etc....
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm only on W2D1, but I did it last year and finished W4D3 before stopping. Your progress looks fine. Don't worry about it! :smile:
    Sorry I don't have my actual numbers right now.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    And, focus on the accomplishments of each run. From your numbers I see someone who went from less than a mile run to over 1 1/4 miles run in 4 weeks.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    thanks everyone. I always feel like I'm never doing enough.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My neighborhood is *very* hilly, I didn't track treadmill workouts and my times include warmup/cool down walks. I was also pushing a stroller on some of the runs.

Week / Average Pace / Distance
    1.2 / 20:11 / 1.18
    2.2 / 27:21 / 1.19
    3.3 / 31:17 / 1.15
    4.1 / 22:39 / 1.26
    5.2 / 17:48 / 1.39
    6.2 / 20:23 / 1.54
    7.2 / 17:52 / 1.56
    8.2 / 17:18 / 1.9
    9.3 / 19:49 / 2.18
    4/28/13 / 15:20 / 3.58 (12:45 running splits)
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    bumping for more stats
  • corderdeb
    corderdeb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Where do you check your mileage? I don't see where that's recorded or I'd share (I've only done 2 runs) .
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Where do you check your mileage? I don't see where that's recorded or I'd share (I've only done 2 runs) .

Depends on the program that you use. Which C25k app do you have?
  • corderdeb
    Options

I downloaded the free version but immediately upgraded to get rid of the ads.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

I use the free one but also use the Map My Run app at the same time. That's how I get my distance and pacing info.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    I think I paid 2.99 for mine? I dont know I go into logs and it shows all my data there.
  • corderdeb
    Options

I use the free one but also use the Map My Run app at the same time. That's how I get my distance and pacing info.

Ok. I have a walk app that's similar...GPS map and timer. I'll put that one on too next time.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The Zen Labs one? I'm not familiar with it and couldn't find how to view the logs online.
  • coccolino30
    coccolino30 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in week4/day3 and I go by time. This week I do 2 sets of 3 min and 2 sets of 5 min running, warm up and cool down. On my treadmill this means nearly 2 miles of running. I have been advised to work on my time first, increase it slowly every week and only after I'm going to be able to run for 30 min to worry about the mileage.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody. I'm in week 1. Your progress looks great from a beginner's point of view! I can't wait until I'm able to run for longer periods of time.