yuk stretch marks

Options
So I'm getting rid of my muffin top, but still have loose stretched skin from my bundles of joy, its not seriously loose sagging skin, but is there anyway to tighten this so it appears less crepey. Currently do jm's shed and shred and fit in 30, which has made a difference and appearance more toned just not how i'd like it. I am a realist and realise childbirth changes your body for ever but friends unable to help as they all have super flat non stretched mark tums, and neat tummy c sections which I swear must have included tummy tucks. While we are at it also looking for a natural boob fix exercise , these puppies are too big for my frame, again stretch marks appear worse on weight loss. Ideas on a postcard please.:frown:

Replies

• arbata9
    arbata9 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Stretchmarks will eventually fade away, but you could use Bio-Oil to speeden up the effect.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    from a person who gained well over 100 lbs and weighed in at 316 post delivery... i am LOADED with stretch marks. Embrace them. thats all you really can do. they never really GO away... the fade with time but they will always be there!
  • Bioc
    Bioc Posts: 96
    Options
    from a person who gained well over 100 lbs and weighed in at 316 post delivery... i am LOADED with stretch marks. Embrace them. thats all you really can do. they never really GO away... the fade with time but they will always be there!

This ^^

Although my stretchmarks are from being fat, I don't hate them or think they make me ugly. When I get down to my goal weight? It'll be a reminder of my achievements and they actually fade. Since I've lost weight, there light slightly lighter then my skin color and hardly noticeable. Even my boyfriend of 7 months didn't notice them till I pointed them out! I've got them on my thighs, legs, arms, bing wings, tummy, back fat and everywhere you can think of really.

Your stretchmarks are a reminder of that safe haven you gave your bundle of joy for 9 months. A reminder that you're a mum, gone through pregnancy and have the 'battle scars' to prove it. I see stretchmarks amazing for people who's had children because its the reminder.

As for the saggy tummy, over-time.. it'll be easier to tone up and get some abs. Its not impossible.. just it'll take time. Good luck ♥
  • jesdemers
    jesdemers Posts: 8
    Options

This ^^

Although my stretchmarks are from being fat, I don't hate them or think they make me ugly. When I get down to my goal weight? It'll be a reminder of my achievements and they actually fade. Since I've lost weight, there light slightly lighter then my skin color and hardly noticeable. Even my boyfriend of 7 months didn't notice them till I pointed them out! I've got them on my thighs, legs, arms, bing wings, tummy, back fat and everywhere you can think of really.

Your stretchmarks are a reminder of that safe haven you gave your bundle of joy for 9 months. A reminder that you're a mum, gone through pregnancy and have the 'battle scars' to prove it. I see stretchmarks amazing for people who's had children because its the reminder.

As for the saggy tummy, over-time.. it'll be easier to tone up and get some abs. Its not impossible.. just it'll take time. Good luck ♥

Yep!
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    Wowsa girl (crazy 4lulu) you look amazing, wouldn't notice any stretch marks if I looked like that! Yep its been 2 and half years now, still visible but three gorgeous kids so a sign of life I guess. How long did it take to get in your shape, do you do a lot of weights then? Any tips on your eating plan/exercise plan?

Thanks arbata9, I used bio oil throughout my pregnancies but I think quick weight gain towards the end it what did the damage, I was small frame with my first, but young so stretch marks faded quickly and tum returned also. Getting on a bit now ha ha got to make more effort these days.

Thanks guys
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I know it's said alot around here but lifting will really help the saggy areas. Find a gym and pick up heavy things. :wink: As for the stretchmarks, you're kind of stuck with them. They fade and shrink but they're not going away. I'm pretty much at my goal weight w/ stretchmarks from pregnancy but they're not what I notice when I look in the mirror. I'm looking at the separation between my obliques and abs, and wondering when the hell I'm gonna see ab definition.
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    Well done you! great weight loss. Bit of a gym phob myself I work out at home but already noticing changes, I add weights to routine, never had abs to begin with lol so not so worried about this just toning fine for me, that said watch this space I am getting a bit addicted to this fitness lark, Thanks:smile:
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that the lose saggy skin will take a few years to sort itself out if you drink plenty of water eat well and maintain the same weight, I bloody hope so, I've been maintaining now for 6 months and its a little better than when I first lost weight so fingers crossed they are right cos that means there's hope for us all, also embrace those stretch marks they tell us of where we've been and who we've become ????
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

I totally agree. I lost 120 lbs 10 years ago and have a ton of stretch marks. I am most bothered by the ones on my upper arms as I am self conscious in short sleeves(at work). I work with middle and high school students and I actually had a student ask once "What are those marks?" Anyways, they remind me of how far I have come....
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    Kids are great aren't they, just literally after giving birth my teenage step daughter rudely lifted my top poked my belly and went "urrrr look at that!" Devastated! in front of my mother in law who pulled an equally discusted face at the sight. U feel so fragile afterwards its great so many woman embrace these life lines, while unfortunately some do nothing but criticise. We are our own worst enemy sometimes, my hubby loves everypart of me.... or at least he knows to show it.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Kids are great aren't they, just literally after giving birth my teenage step daughter rudely lifted my top poked my belly and went "urrrr look at that!" Devastated! in front of my mother in law who pulled an equally discusted face at the sight. U feel so fragile afterwards its great so many woman embrace these life lines, while unfortunately some do nothing but criticise. We are our own worst enemy sometimes, my hubby loves everypart of me.... or at least he knows to show it.
    Kids are the best at putting people down, they still have perfect skin with no signs of life and the comments they make show life has yet to take them on their journey, it's sad they at a young age strive for the best looking body they can get only to find 10/20 years time that they actually had it in the first place, but for your mother-in-law to do it is something else because she must have scars herself, good on your hubby for being the man he is, men don't notice wobbly bits, well that's a lie there are certain wobbly bits they love to bits lol ????