Wii and exercise videos

Options
Someone once said that the PS3 plays DVDs...does the Wii do this as well? I've like to do some of my workouts (Yoga X) upstairs on the hardwood where there is no DVD player.

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    PS2 and PS3 play DVDs. PS3 can also play blu-ray (I'm not a gamer in any way :wink: ). I don't know anything about the Wii, so I googled it and apparently you have to buy an adapter for it to play DVDs.
  • drlmnh
    drlmnh Posts: 4
    Options
    No unfortunately Wii doesn't play DVDs :-(
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    No it does not.Did you try Wii Fit Plus or Biggest loser games on Wii?There is alot of hard exercises on those.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have the Fit and the EA Games but they don't actually feel like a workout to me. I don't feel challenged by them at all. I like my P90X, there is no comparison.

Looks like I will be getting a DVD for upstairs, or doing the yoga in the family room.

Thanks everyone!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Also, I just noticed I posted this in Food and Nutrition...I never noticed! So sorry!
  • jaybeedee
    jaybeedee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree about the Wii FIT. I was so disappointed to see that you don't get very many calories burned on it.
  • inforsey
    inforsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Buy Just Dance, ignore the score, and just shake what your momma gave you. It is a serious workout.. you'll sweat your *kitten* off. All you need is a Wiimote.