Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30-Day Challenges, and Exercise Questions!?

ms_jen21
ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
Do any of you guys do those 30 Day Challenges? Are they worth it? What are some Pros & Cons of doing them? Do you know where I can find out the different types there are? I know I've seen Squats, and one for Planks. Also, anyone know how to log this stuff on to MFP? Thanks for your help!

~ Jennifer

Replies

• ms_jen21
    bump
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    If it's just a challenge like the 30 day squat challenge then just put it under the strength training section. So you can put how many reps you did. That's what I did when I did the Squat challenge. We also had to check in everyday so that's how I kept up with how many I was suppose to do everyday. I saw a Push-Up challenge. I'm not going to do it but I saw it on the forums.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    I did the 30 day squat challenge. All I have to say is it was AWESOME! I know that sounds weird but I noticed a change, my thighs are stronger, my butt is slowly tightening up, I've got chunks missing where it seems to be burning fat. BUT I noticed that I can't stop at one month because I have a big butt, so I'm continuing on with the squats but not the 250, I'm trying for 100 to 150 on the same type of schedule as the challenge. I have also started the 50 miles in May challenge. I find that these challenges help motivate me. By committing to them I force myself to keep moving and exercising. I'm hoping to do a 30 day crunch challenge in June.

Anyway long story short, I enjoy them and I feel they motivate me. Good luck if you choose to do one! :happy:
  • ms_jen21
    Thanks! I think I may do one! :)
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    I love doing them! I have a couple groups of friends who post a monthly one on Facebook. We check in every day or every couple days and everyone is great about encouraging each other. Right now, I've got three I'm in - 100 squats/day, 2000 lunges/month, and a plank challenge, which is just holding it for as long as you can, trying to hold it a little longer each time.