Whats is the most you ever went over in calories in 1 day

Options
lknjohnson
lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
Well its the weekend!!!!! I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks and its my boyfriend birthday. So you know what that means???? Oh I am going in tonight. Im sorry I having a drink or 4. Ive been eating good and working out like heck.and is losing weight. I knew i would be messing up today so i played it safe this week just to have room for my overage of calories for today. I will work out to burn atleast 1000 calories.

Im planing on GOING OVER BY AT THE MOST 1200
. But im sure it will be much less if any after i work out. I already log all my meals for today.(YES IM LOGGING IT) I added extra drinks just in case.

SO WHATS THE MOST YOU WENT OVER IN CALORIES???? DONT BE AFRAID TO SHARE. I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE TO PLANN LIKE THIS . LOL

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    About 2,000 calories once, I think. That's my record. Easy to do when you're staring down a box of Krispy Kreme donuts.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I went over by about 5,000 the other day
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Don't really know. If I know I'm going out that night, I usually have a killer workout earlier. Then follow it with a HUGE vegetable only salad prior to leaving, so that I fill up on something healthy instead of bar food. Then I go out and have whatever I want (within reason, especially if there's no designated driver). And don't worry about logging every bite.

Just don't do it too often!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Most that I've gone over while logging is 1500. That was on my planned monthly pizza binge.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If you are referring to since starting MFP then I've only gone over my daily allowance by 300 ...

Hard to say in my teen years during a buffet sitting... Probably had over 5000 calories if not more once
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    Don't really know. If I know I'm going out that night, I usually have a killer workout earlier. Then follow it with a HUGE vegetable only salad prior to leaving, so that I fill up on something healthy instead of bar food. Then I go out and have whatever I want (within reason, especially if there's no designated driver). And don't worry about logging every bite.

Just don't do it too often!

i agree with you on that! Everyonce and awhile won't hurt right! lol
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    About 2,000 calories once, I think. That's my record. Easy to do when you're staring down a box of Krispy Kreme donuts.

lol tempting right! I'm sure they was just calling you to. ha!
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Last night - 922 calories. I'm not ashamed but definitely disappointed in my willpower lately. Today is a new day and I'm about to go run :)

Don't worry about ONE day. Enjoy life and get back to it tomorrow.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Once a month or so, we go out with friends and I don't log dinner/drinks. Dinner because it's always at some local place that doesn't have nutritional information posted, otherwise I would still still log. I guess some would consider it my "cheat" day although I don't put a label on it. I'm sure I go over by a minimum of 1000 calories. I suppose it may have slowed down weight loss (I only had about 10-12 pounds to lose) but I am at goal so it's obviously still working for me. Plus, I know this is a lifestyle I can keep up with for the rest of my life. Have fun celebrating!
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    bump
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Easily in the 5 digits. Not entirely sure though
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For me, that would almost be a rhetorical question. You see, we live in North Carolina, and being military, we're not true Southerners, but man oh man, we do love their food. Every few months we'll go to an old fashioned Southern buffet after church. The kind of place where everyone in town goes there after church and there's a line out the door, with everyone dressed in their Sunday best. This buffet includes fried chicken and every conceivable delicious side dish you could imagine, all done in traditional Southern fashion. And don't let's forget dessert.

On days like that, the word "calorie" is simply an amusing concept dreamed up by Yankees.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'd say Thanksgiving and Christmas were my "best" performances. I didn't exactly count, but they were each easily 4000
  • Heartcorecuteness
    Options
    Once I ate 5,000 calories in one day. It didn't feel like that much though. It was down to the alcohol! Sometimes I have a whole weekend off where I eat whatever I want, but it's always back to the diet on monday. It's not bad to eat a lot sometimes. It resets your body so you lose more weight when you next train/diet :)
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    For me, that would almost be a rhetorical question. You see, we live in North Carolina, and being military, we're not true Southerners, but man oh man, we do love their food. Every few months we'll go to an old fashioned Southern buffet after church. The kind of place where everyone in town goes there after church and there's a line out the door, with everyone dressed in their Sunday best. This buffet includes fried chicken and every conceivable delicious side dish you could imagine, all done in traditional Southern fashion. And don't let's forget dessert.

On days like that, the word "calorie" is simply an amusing concept dreamed up by Yankees.

lol. Calories?? Whats that! haha. Thats sound like a good time though. I haven't had good southern food in a loonnggg time because its so hard to get true nutritional information epecially if you're not the one cooking it. Yea so i understand. that day would just be a "i'll start fresh tomorrow day" lol
  • sabrinalee8
    sabrinalee8 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    As I struggle to reach my target calorie intake, when I do "pig out" it's only by a few hundred calories. So I think I've only ever gone over by say 3-400cals.

If we can't treat ourselves then what's the point? =)
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    5 or 6 thousand OVER. No regrets. Almost hit 5 I last night.
    Cookies and chocolate will get you there pretty quick :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I had a day not that long ago that was probably close to 6000 calories. Tons of thick IPAs and Douple IPAs (and one triple), cuban sandwich, a big breakfast, another sandwich with roast beef, 3 orders of french fries with amazing dipping sauces made of sour cream and mayo, a slice of greasy pizza from one of those pizza by the slice places, a huge dessert with ice cream and brownies, 3 gourmet popsicles, some barbecue chicken and pulled pork, collard greens, potato salad, and I think I had some whisky to toast a friend's birthday......

It was epic.

ETA: chicken wings. 10 of them.
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    Once I ate 5,000 calories in one day. It didn't feel like that much though. It was down to the alcohol! Sometimes I have a whole weekend off where I eat whatever I want, but it's always back to the diet on monday. It's not bad to eat a lot sometimes. It resets your body so you lose more weight when you next train/diet :)

Yea alcohol adds up fairly quickly espeically if you get cocktails and mix drink. I said tonight im going to try my best to get the "skinny drinks" if they have them... but you really don't get the full effect wtih those i heard. But i will try one but i most likely will just get ciroc shots and coke zero. haven't tried that mix yet either, but I will tonight.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not really sure, once I hit the point of no return I stop counting. But I bet it was lots :wink: