What Weight Lifting Has Done For Me

Options
Mommylicous
Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
Let me start this off by saying, this is not the end of my journey.. By any means. This is a more like, "I'm so excited, I have to show SOMEONE."

I still have 95 lbs to go to meet my original Ultimate Goal Weight.. But now that I'm seeing how my body is changing and getting stronger, day by day.. I just might throw that scale out the window and go until I'm happy.. and then just keep going :)

I have 3 pictures to show you.. None of them are really good for showing you exactly how I have progressed because they're not all the same style photos, but you can see an overall picture of my happiness and just.. my size in general :)

But first, I'll tell you what all strength training has done for me.

1.) It has made me stronger, physically. (Well, duh. Of course.)
2.) It has shaped my body in ways I didn't think was possible, even with 95 extra pounds on top, my body looks different. and I am loving it.
3.) It has made me stronger EMOTIONALLY. My insecurities are shrinking. I have completely overcome my food addiction (Which I have replaced with time at the gym)
4.) It has made me feel like I am in control of my life, my body, and my own personal happiness. Something cardio has NEVER done for me.

So, I know you want to see the pictures, so here goes.

Original Weight: August 2012 - 255 lbs

53c73ccf-dae9-4020-a5a9-4f1e22201411.jpg

Starting Weight: November 2012 - 240

5c50a37e-11a8-4701-869c-84eb0ee0cd9b.jpg

I took a break for a while, between Christmas and Valentines day.. And we got our gym memberships on March 9th of 2013.. and that's when the changes REALLY happened.

Current Weight: May 2013 - 236 (After 2 months of Weight training)

8070b9b0-c38e-4fa1-a527-789c0d4c19d0.jpg

I still have soooo much to lose, and I've been doing mostly weight training with VERY little cardio. But my legs are toning up, my mom tummy is starting to disappear, and my body is starting to change in ways that I never thought my body could look after 21 years of horrible food choices and inactivity.

Thanks for reading :):flowerforyou: (Edited for Resize)

Replies

• Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous, gorgeous family! And congratulations to you. :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Beautiful lady :flowerforyou:

Well done, keep up the good work.

Your daughter is a cutie pie :heart:
  • macheaney
    macheaney Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great story!
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    wow you look even more beautiful! Well done :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    well done to you!keep going! Beautiful family!you must be very proud!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Awesome just Awesome!!! :flowerforyou: you get an extra flower for your daughter. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Beautiful mommy! Great job! ????
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look amazing
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    beautiful before and after. I completely agree with all your points. It has done the same for me especially this

2.) It has shaped my body in ways I didn't think was possible, even with 95 extra pounds on top, my body looks different. and I am loving it.

keep up the great work
  • radiantrox
    radiantrox Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That is excellent!! Keep up the great work and you'll get to your goal in no time.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Your family is gorgeous!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I always find it amazing how slim a person can look compared to their weight when they weight train.
  • Mommylicous
    Options
    Thanks so much :) All this support is so encouraging!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Congrats you are doing great!!!! Keep going!
  • Mommylicous
    Options
    I always find it amazing how slim a person can look compared to their weight when they weight train.

It really is insane! When I tell my friends and family that I still have about 95 lbs to lose, they look at me like I've lost my mind haha. The scale really is a little Ba*tard!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    What beautiful pictures and Thankyou for sharing your story!! You are doing so well:)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAY!!!! You are doing a fabulous job!

This is why I dont have a goal weight.

<---I am 5' 11" and weigh 185 in this picture...I thought it would take getting down to 155 to look anything near this.

So i am just SMASHing weights, and see where it goes.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

It really is insane! When I tell my friends and family that I still have about 95 lbs to lose, they look at me like I've lost my mind haha. The scale really is a little Ba*tard!
    Not that you don't already, but if you keep the weight training up, you're going to look absolutely amazing! I really regret not doing it from the start.
  • Mommylicous
    Options
    Not that you don't already, but if you keep the weight training up, you're going to look absolutely amazing! I really regret not doing it from the start.

Thank you, so much :) I regretted it at first, when the scale wasn't budging and all my MFP friends were constantly losing.. But now that I see what it's doing, I will NEVER stop!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    YAYYYY for lifting heavy!!! You look great keep it up!!

I started lifting heavy after I lost 90 lbs wish I would've started sooner, but so thankful I started it.Definitely makes your body shape up differently.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!