Feel the 1st week blues coming on!

Options
Don't even know if there is such a thing?

Worked hard this week on the calorie counting and focused on the reasons why I need to loose weight and eat healthy.

But compared to this time last week feeling a little low and lacking some energy.

Is this normal?

Anyone else been through this?

:embarassed:

Replies

• JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Don't even know if there is such a thing?

Worked hard this week on the calorie counting and focused on the reasons why I need to loose weight and eat healthy.

But compared to this time last week feeling a little low and lacking some energy.

Is this normal?

Anyone else been through this?

:embarassed:

Yes, I too have been through the same thing. A few years ago, I really cut back the carbs. In a matter of weeks, I had depression so bad, it was scary. It just hit all at once. My doctor put me on a low dose of an antidepressant to get me through it. She says cutting the calories and carbs aren't the "cause" of the depression or low mood but it does "contribute" just b/c of the stress of trying to eat healthy, etc. It will pass but be careful. Make sure your feeling low and lack of energy don't turn into something more serious like the depression. You don't want to go there. Good luck and hang in there.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    This is an emotional journey. I have weeks here and there where Im "blue", just don't have the motivation and have to force myself more than normal. The first thing that I seem to do is to not exercise as much, but exercise is actually what will automatically trigger those "feel good" feelings and get you out of a funk. To combat these weeks I've been able to stick with my food plan and remain "spot on" with my food intake and calories so Im still steadily losing, but know I could be smarter sometimes.
    Life is just like that though, it took me a long time to slowly get this extra weight on my body so i have to give myself the patience and time it will take to get it off too.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I went full blast the first 2 months and then literally for 5 days had no motivation to work out, etc. Then I got back on the horse and we move forward. Its ok just remember what you are doing this for...YOURSELF and we are not perfect. The point is getting back to logging and working out when this day/week, etc. goes away.
  • panjabi
    panjabi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies everybody.
  • funjabi
    funjabi Posts: 16
    Options
    Just remember why you are doing this, more importantly you have a wife who loves you and will support you through this. :heart: now i'll pass you the sick bucket....lol