Help: Sugar Cravings...

Options
EniBee
EniBee Posts: 274 Member
Can you please share ideas on how to handle sugar cravings!!!! I am staring at a huge bar of chocolate and I am feeling drawn to it. Please help!!!:sad:

Replies

• getrealforme
    Options
    This is what I have when I'm craving sweets. Mug Cake 1 box angel food cake, 1 box any other kind of cake. Mix them in a gallon zip lock bag. 3T cake mix, and 2T water. Mix in mug and cook in microwave 1 minute. 50 to 60 calories
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I cut out all sugar from my diet including natural sugar from fruit. After 3-4 days all craving for sugar are gone. Then, I re introduce natural sugars back and stay away from crap food for as long as I can. Rinse repeat:)
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    First of all put the chocolate bar down and step away. I find a cup of tea is helping me with my sweet cravings. I have a Tassimo so I do a chai tea latte using the skinny milk, not the sweet milk. Works for me.
  • KANSASGIRL69
    KANSASGIRL69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been told that if you crave sugar the best fix is to make some sweet lemonade and gargle with it...spit it out! DON'T SWALLOW!!!
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    what helped me with sugar cravings is having protein at every meal. And eating whole and healthy.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Ensure you are having balanced meals of fats, protein and fiber. That should help with the cravings.

Whenever I want something sweet I eat an orange as it does the trick. Otherwise, I have a small piece of chocolate.
  • tptouchdown
    tptouchdown Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last post that talks about eating a balanced diet of fats, protein and sugar. Most diet foods replace fats with sugar substitutes which do nothing about stopping your craving. Don't feel that you can't eat sugar, but try cut back and eliminate sugar where you can. Over time your cravings will reduce. Don't try to 'starve' your body, you will just end up giving in and binging.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've also stopped eating processed sugars (pasta, grain-based breads, etc) and have increased my protein and fats.
    I'm always full/satisfied and (after the first few days of "detox"), I do not crave junk...and I'm THE original Sweet Tooth Queen.
  • EniBee
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • EniBee
    Options
    Fuuny! I did not eat the chocolate bar in the end! I went shopping and bought some sugar free chewing gum and some low fat Ski moose.
  • EniBee
    Options
    Thanks All for all your suggestions! Mush appreciated...
  • ceasterl
    ceasterl Posts: 2
    Options
    I crave a lot of sugar too. So when I crave sweets I have these sugar free fudgesicles and they were only like $2.00 at the store. They are 40 calories each.