wheat free/gluten free breakfast ideas

Options
Hello, I suspect that I may have Coeliac disease and would like to start a diet that does not contain any wheat, barley or rye. I don't want to buy any special breads or make my own recipes in the morning or not eat breakfast. My breakfast staple has been toast or cereal but as I can't eat them any more, what can I replace them with? I'm looking for bulky and filling and something that would be considered traditional breakfast food. I have searched for ideas but they are not appealing. Yoghurt with banana (not filling), salad and tuna (not for breakfast) and many time consuming and unappetizing ideas. Please help, thanks.

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Omletes! Egg whites, with some cheese and veggies.

Peanut butter and banana with milk.

Sorry I can't any more. :(
    90066 Posts: 24
    Options
    Oatmeal. Spiked with a variety of things to keep in interesting.
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Banana & date smoothie!!!
  • alwardt
    alwardt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My usual is one egg cooked in a half pat of butter with one Van's Wheat Free Homestyle Waffle, plain and 8 oz. of milk. The protein in the egg & milk keep me going until lunch.
  • Mohammed2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will try your suggestions starting tomorrow.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Try adding a couple kinds of berries to your banana and yogurt, it helps make it more filling. I find that to be a great breakfast! My brother in law has what you have and has this or eggs for breakfast almost every day. Good luck
  • Amy154
    Amy154 Posts: 52
    Options
    My daughter is a celiac and our breakfast is smoothies with gluten free protein powder ($$$) but worth it....it adds more fiber and filling to your breakfast.
  • slm638
    slm638 Posts: 64
    Options
    I need to have some carbs in the morning, so I have a few standard breakfasts during the week:
    - gf cereal & fruit (new favourite is Natures Path Crunchy Vanilla or Maple)
    - cinnamon raisin toast (Glutino) & fruit
    - 1/2 bagel (glutino) + light cream cheese & fruit
    - oatmeal - mixed with different things...usually a touch of maple syrup & nuts or raisins & cinnamon

The fruit is usually 1/2 cup berries, a banana, grapes, nectarine, orange, etc. If I'm rushed, I'll substitute a cup of juice for the fruit.
    Sometimes, I might add a low calorie yogurt as well.

I've also made a big batch of waffles or pancakes and just reheat them in the mornings.