My year on MFP with pics

Options
I joined MFP the last weekend of April 2012 to see if I could figure out why I was gaining so much weight. I was convinced that it wasn't my diet or lifestyle, but that I must have some type of endocrine problem, or retained water, or was just big boned... Bahahaha! Ummmm, no! I was taking in around 3000-4000 calories per day! Needless to say, it was like a slap in the face, waking myself up to reality. My husband and I have been struggling with infertility for quite a while now. I had read that if I lost 5-10% of my body weight, our chances of conceiving would greatly improve. This is what, finally, caused me to make this change in my life.

May 1, 2012 I started my MFP journey per MFP's calorie recommendations at 252lbs. The first thing I realized was that I needed to give up my soda consumption... or I would starve to death! This was, probably, the most difficult part of my journey. I was an addict! At the time, I couldn't even tell you the last time I drank a glass of water.

I spent the 1st 6 weeks or so focusing on staying within my calories, giving myself 1 "cheat" day per week. Then, I started exercising. After reading so many of the forum posts about JM's 30DS, I thought I'd give it a shot. OMG! I still remember those weeks... Thinking... I know I look ridiculous, but I'm gonna do it anyway. It was soooo hard!

Now, I have no cheat days, but I do have a few bad days here and there. I still eat more crap than I should, but I'm still a work in progress. I try to focus on my weekly goal, instead of my daily goal. Yes, I do eat back my exercise calories, and I average around 1500-1600 calories/day.

I workout 2-3 days per week, with a goal of 3. I've discovered a love for running and strength training. I struggle with asthma and cold weather is a trigger for me. I did more strength training in the winter, and now that it's starting to warm up (sort of), I've started doing more running again. I love both! I've joined a co-ed softball team, and I've run a couple of 5ks... with several planned this summer! :) I have no gym membership, so that's not an excuse guys. Just saying...

May 2012 - May 2013
Weight 252lbs - Weight 179lbs
Size 22W/24W - Size 14 regular
Shirt XXL, 2x - Shirt M, L
5k in 65min - 5k in 34:17
Resting HR 110 - Resting HR 50

So, still no babies with some recent devastating new... However, I've now lost 29% of my original starting weight. Pretty amazing, even to me!

When I started this journey, I tried to be realistic in setting goals. My goal was to lose 30lbs within a year, then I started reaching for a goal below 200lbs, then I reset again for an "overweight" BMI. Well, well, well... I had to reset my goals so many times! Lol! I crushed all those goals and made it to 179lbs with a total loss of 73lbs!!! I'm not finished yet. My new goal is 152lbs to make an even 100 pounds lost and be within a normal range BMI. I'm 5'6. I plan on starting maintenance when I reach 150! :)

I know this is already pretty long, but I want to give a shout out to all my awesome MFPeeps! Love you guys!!!

The pics...

1bcc3364-8f04-4c61-b73a-34583866f190_zpsd8e4cc12.jpg

02724ea2-e5b1-4ceb-8b02-fe2aca8f9e74_zpsa9bfb0b2.jpg

2d50bb34-651c-4add-8ff7-275863e21575_zpsc6351129.jpg

Replies

• marysowter
    marysowter Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Fantastic you look wonderful, I hope you are very proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Love that dress:)
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! And you do look super cute in that dress.
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!! You look great! Congratulations!!!!
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - great job!!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Congratulations!
  • debbihibbs
    debbihibbs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great and you, your pictures and your story are an inspiration!
    I'm new to this program after trying WW for about 6 months and losing no more than 5# during that time.
    Thanks for your post :-)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    You must feel great, you look so happy.
    Great job :flowerforyou:
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Awesome work and changes!
  • The_pen_is_blue
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look amazing!
  • KANSASGIRL69
    KANSASGIRL69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST! I just joined yesterday...im trying to get to 175 by mid september...WISH ME LUCK!
  • SNOflake888
    SNOflake888 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! You've done so well! The difference in your heart rate is DRASTIC! You've probably added 10+ years to your life! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Very very very awesome!!!! :D
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    SO proud of you and so honoured to be by your side.
    You are a daily inspiration and your progress is a direct reflection of your commitment to yourself.
    Congratulations on a year of success amidst setbacks and heartache.

Keep pushing, because not only does it show for yourself, but you drive others (read: me!) more than you know.

xo
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! You look amazing!
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful girl!!! My hero!!:flowerforyou:
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options