Jillian Michaels, help?

Options
Hey MFP members, I was wondering if someone could help. In your opinion which two Jillian Michaels DVDs give the best results together?

Replies

• luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive done 30 day shred and Ripped in 30, I like Ripped in 30 much more, I think its tougher than shred and I just like the look more, the assistants and the music! I really think its a great program to follow, but would recommend you try add in a 20 minute walk as well if you can. And also your diet plays a big role in any Jillian workout, so keep that in mind, I averaged 1400 - 1500 calories a day when I did her workouts.
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I liked 6 week 6 pack when I got close to my goal weight and yoga meltdown is another fav of mine :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I've done 30 Day Shred, and just started Ripped in 30. Ripped in 30 seems way too easy right now (I'm hoping it gets more difficult as the levels progress) so I'm thinking of doing 6 Week 6 Pack along with it.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Most of them are on YouTube...you could try them out before buying them. Or do a mix of all of them!

I did 30 day shred and now I'm doing 6 week 6 pack abs. I also did her yoga dvd once. I liked all of them.
  • RebekahHamiltonn
    RebekahHamiltonn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 Day Shred on DVD but the rest are on Youtube, I'm just wondering what other people felt helped them more so I can try those :)
  • taterbug29
    taterbug29 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have a ton of Jill's DVD's and I LOVE them all. However, the only workout I've ever done that has shrunk my tummy is INSANITY. I know it is a bit pricey but it is totally worth it to get a flat tummy. I have been successful in losing wright with several different tricks but Insanity is the only one that has shrunk the size of my tummy!!

Good Luck!
  • SILVERWOLF93
    SILVERWOLF93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    try them online first, I finished 6 week 6 pack last week, def. not one of my favorites the "circuits" are long and then u just repeat them all again i prefer the 321 or as in her buns and thighs video to do 3 or 4 moves repeat and then not do them ever again. doing them again right away helped me improve my form more than doing 20 other things before u do it again.

i am currently doing 30 day shred on tues, thurs and sat. and mixing in more strength training with weights mon wed and friday and ive had great success with routine more so than doing 2 alternating Jillian DVDs

feel free to add me as a Friend, can never have too many of them on here :-)
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The DVDs will all give great results depending on what effort YOU put into your exercise and diet.
  • barnzey901
    barnzey901 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP members, I was wondering if someone could help. In your opinion which two Jillian Michaels DVDs give the best results together?

6 week 6 pack is good for getting a high burn if you can't get to the gym. I don't use it on its own though I combine it with other methods of training.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    i'm only on my way through the 30 day shred now nearly at level 3 but i've found it brillant so far, not looking to loose alot just tone up and already feeling the results when i try on clothes, diet plays a big part now going to try and be stricter on myself treat wise when i get to level 3, but yea i find the shred brillant and i'm sure her others are just as good...thinking of starting ripped in 30 or the abs one next. :) whatever way you go even if you just mix a bit of julian michaels in your other workout routine you shan't be dissappointed. :)
  • Miro7
    Miro7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred a week ago and have not had any results, in fact my clothes are feeling tighter. I am not eating more than 12-1300 calories everyday so I am really disappointed with this.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.
  • we_are_the_process
    Options
    T
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

^THIS. Once you've completed the Shred and reached a decent fitness level, the above 2 workouts are great!! I have all the others mentioned, as well as Kickbox FastFix. They're great, but these 2 stand out...

BFBM is amazing cardio and NMTZ focuses more on muscle 'toning.' I did a month rotating 4-5 of her workouts and got amazing results. You can't go wrong.

I'm now in my 2nd round of 30DS…can't get enough ;) Pick what you think you'll enjoy and stick with!
  • SuperStepper408
    SuperStepper408 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had the best results on the 30 day shred. I did that for one month and then did ripped in 30 for a month and went back to the 30 day shred. Now I'm doing the shred with weights dvd and then I will go back to the 30 day shred. I also take a walk almost everyday.
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Livingdeadnurse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have 3 of hers. Yoga melt down, killer abs and 30 day shred. 30 day shred works everything. You will be sore if you give it your all. I love killer abs. The yoga melt down isn't bad but not as good as the other 2. I would like to know what is the difference between 30 day shred and ripped in 30