belly percing & exercise

Options
Sooo belly piercing & exercise? Good friend of mine told me if I pierce my belly button that I will not be able to practice 3 months! Whaaaaaaaat? I hope that is not true, because I really want to reward my belly with beautiful sparkling jewelry hihihihi I read body piercing aftercare instructions but never found anything about exercise... I hope that you know more about this subject than me :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I would just avoid crunches for a bit. Or anything that really pulls.
    I have multiple "places" pierced (far more intimate and softer than my belly) and I never had a problem.
    Just make sure you do your salt water rinses.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I dont think that is true. Just look after it obviously, clean it carefully from sweat after a workout. . I have had my belly button pierced for 13 years or so, had no problems.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Put a band-aid over it, it's what I used to do. Just make sure you clean it really well after exercise or getting sweaty.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A belly piercing takes about a year to heal. But you should be okay as long as you don't get it caught on anything. And I would avoid sit ups anything that might make it sore. But I would ask the shop that you get it pierced. They would be able to give you the best answer!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I got one a while back when I lose 30 pounds and I just avoided doing things like crunches for a while because it just plain hurt. But make sure if you get too sweaty or anything that you clean it really well.
  • tajalambara
    tajalambara Posts: 12
    Options
    thank you all :heart:
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You can exercise, just avoid the Jacuzzi or pool. You are more vulnerable to infection and the Jacuzzi is the worst place you can put your belly! At least that's what I was told when I got mine pierced. They said avoid it for 3 months!