Fitbit Flex is now available at Best Buy?!

Options
roxxie25
roxxie25 Posts: 32 Member
Apparently Best Buy decided to jump the gun and release the fitbit flex before other retailers, at least according to many commentators on the Fit bit facebook page. Not all locations have them though. I just ordered mine online for pick-up at a local store tomorrow morning. I am so excited!!

Replies

• roxxie25
    roxxie25 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    . . . and, I am now the proud owner of a Fitbit Flex in black, purchased from my local Best Buy :) I can't wait to use it!!!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    how do you like it?
  • Tita1987
    Tita1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    . . . and, I am now the proud owner of a Fitbit Flex in black, purchased from my local Best Buy :) I can't wait to use it!!!

hey! i got the black one too! im loving it. the only thing is that i cant sync it to my phone since i have the iphone4 and not 4s.
    how does the whole calories burned during the day work with my fitness pal?
    i dont see it reflect in my fitness pal.
    im still confused with this part. the food portion does show up on fitbit but the calories burned dont show up on my fitness pal.
    :(
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I picked one up yesterday at BB but can't get the stupid thing loaded onto my Fitbit connect so I can use it. I'm pretty computer savy but nothing. I even looked at ALL of the trouble shooting stuff Fitbit has and NOTHING. I am considering taking it back to BB.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Indeed! I saw them there today when I went to get my Polar FT4. Best Buy in Valley Stream, NY in case anyone's interested in picking one up.

I already own 2 fitbit zips but one appears to have a faulty dongle & the other I put through the wash shortly after it stopped working correctly. Unfortunately, they were the blue ones on sale at Target about 8 wks or so ago & I tossed the receipt (which the company asked for when I emailed them to discuss the busted units.) :frown: whatevs.

DH's still works well & he loves it. I on the other hand now have different health goals as I've been recently diagnosed T2 diabetic, so I went with the Polar heart rate monitor.

Annnnnd holy crap, I'm glad I did. Still working out which foods will spike my BG, I had a chicken skewer & greek salad for dinner from my favorite greek place. The first time I've eaten 'out' since my diagnosis. My BG was 139mg/dl 1 hr post meal. I went for a 25 minute fast paced walk (in my 'zone') with the 2 little dogs 7 when I got back, I checked my BG...it was 99mg/dl :huh:

Guess i know what i'll be doing after dinner every night, lol :drinker:
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My local Best Buy started selling them yesterday. Got it but am still not won over from my One. I really miss the display, and the wristband is a pain in the butt to get clasped. The band bugged me at first, but I'm getting used to it. Wish I could see my steps,without looking at my phone, but I do like the way it tracks sleep. Steps seem accurate, too. I just miss my flower and the encouraging messages.
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    darn, i wish i had known this! i have been wanting it but lost track of checking for a release date. I could have bought one friday or today and now i can't until monday, and my luck they will be sold out.

I am still not convinced just how helpful it will be for me so everyone who got one please post their reviews!
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have my new Flex on and I am considering taking it back for the One. I had the Ultra and really wanted to sync with my phone. But, I already miss the stairs and read out. Hmmm...
  • chloesweightlossjourney
    Options
    I got the flex today and I love it. One thing that I am a little dissappointed with is it doesnt do stairs but its a huge improvement from the Ultra
  • bradybugsmom
    Options
    I never found the altimeter accurate on my One so I don't miss it... I am really liking the Flex so far! It's so much better for sleep tracking... I'm not going to miss sliding my One in that awkward velcro wristband at night. I was also constantly leaving my One clipped to clothing and then frantically running around to find out where I had left it last (I can't believe it never went through the washing machine) so I think the Flex is going to be the better option for me.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    What!? Where's mine! I ordered it through the link on here. ARGH. I want my gadget. (whimper) :grumble:
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. The resulting feedback is interesting. Not sure now if I'm going to rush to get one. Why would they lose the step feature? :grumble: I'm more interested in wireless sync. May go with One instead; or just stick with my Ultra - since I've dealt with it this long. :smile:
  • wannabfit34
    wannabfit34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good to know about the lack of display that is part of what keeps me moving throughout the day I think I will hold off until they make a band that shows the display. I like seeing the flower grow and I like that I can clip my ultra right to my bra. Perhaps when my ultra dies I will consider the band.
  • teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options
    Fitbit is great! I've abandoned it more and more since I've gotten my polar hrm, though.

Fitbit is great for walking and monitoring daily activities, while my polar is mainly for my workouts and intense circuit training.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I do have to say that my One was never accurate for stairs, so that's one feature I don't miss. My Flex didn't want to wake up this morning, but neither did I, so I can't say I blame it, LOL.

For those wanting to buy from Best Buy who are afraid it will be sold out, do the in store pick up online. I think they hold it a few days, although I've only done it for same day. That's how I made sure I wouldn't go there for nothing when I was buying an iPad Mini.