Hello!

Options
Hey guys, My name is Cody and I'm new to this site. Last week I made the decision to get serious about losing some weight and I found a lot of helpful forum posts here so I decided to make a profile. I've found the food diary on here is awesome. I'm 22 years old 6'4" and weigh 529 pounds, so I've got a long way to go. I'm pretty motivated, and feel good so far. Any advice or tips would be welcome.

Replies

• psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You've already taken a big step, well done :) take one day at a time and I know you will do it :)
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    welcome hope we can help u out in your journery feel free to add any of us
  • CptnSnowball
    CptnSnowball Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, I added both of you.
  • RangerJess
    RangerJess Posts: 32
    Options
    I have found this website to be a HUGE help! It keeps me on track and much more aware of what I'm eating. Congratulations on starting your journey :-) Sadly it's not easy or quick, but it's worth it in the end!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this site is very helpful for tracking your calories and there is a lot of great information and helpful people here as well. Feel free to add me if you want :-)
  • Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! :D *waves* First off : - awesome job on taking the step and making use of this site! I have found some wonderfully fabulous inspiring people here, and without them, I don't think I would of made it this far! I used to plan to diet....be great for 2 weeks..then lapse back into old habits...it would start with taking a day off because i was tired...then I'd sneak extra food i shouldn't of done...and then i was back to old habits. But...so far...think its been just over 6 weeks. I've realised it's my lifestyle i need to change, and not just swap for fad diets and short time exercise plans. I already have the next year planned out for workout schedules xD My ultimate aim is to be fit enough to complete a half marathon with my brother next year. After that...the sky is the limit (^.^) I've sent you a friend request, hopefully i can be helpful for you and provide some motivation/support as necessary hun. huge hugs and stuff! :D Hope you're well :)
  • barrattandrew
    barrattandrew Posts: 148
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you wanna chat / share stories compare diaries etc
  • Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    fyi...you should totally add barrattandrew...cos he's awesomesauce <3
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: thats ok, we'll be here a while too. good luck, remember, we all "trip" from time to time. the point is to get back up. success isnt suddenly waking up & doing everything right, its a series of small positive steps so when you have a bad day, dont hate yourself but get right back at it.

feel free to add me as a friend & anyone can as well. ps. post some things in your goals & where you're located in your profile, it makes it more fun ;
  • CptnSnowball
    CptnSnowball Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the responses and support guys, I think I've added everyone as friends. I feel really good about starting this process and I look forward to talking to all of you.
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your journey! I was not much different than you when I started last year. I was 5'10" and 346. Right now, I'm pounding on the 100 lb mark (99 lbs at the moment). It's TOTALLY DOABLE!!

If you can swing it, get a Fitbit. It's great to help motivate you to move more and help monitor your calories out. Really use the diary and be honest. I found that the food I ate (calories in) was my biggest problem. I ate food that was much to high in calories. Learn to (it takes time, don't expect it to happen overnight) eat much more fruits and vegetables and really, really cut down on things like meat and dairy.

There are some great books and movies (free on Netflix or other services). If you are interested in more details, message me and I'd be happy to go into much more detail. I don't want to write a book on here though.
  • kgem4u2
    kgem4u2 Posts: 69
    Options
    First off.... You have taken a big step in just joining. You are on your way. We are all on here for some reason or another. You can do it. One day, one lb. at a time. While you might get frustrated and discouraged sometimes, just know you are changing your body from the inside out and it will happen!!
  • McManda89
    McManda89 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey!!! :D *waves* First off : - awesome job on taking the step and making use of this site! I have found some wonderfully fabulous inspiring people here, and without them, I don't think I would of made it this far! I used to plan to diet....be great for 2 weeks..then lapse back into old habits...it would start with taking a day off because i was tired...then I'd sneak extra food i shouldn't of done...and then i was back to old habits. But...so far...think its been just over 6 weeks. I've realised it's my lifestyle i need to change, and not just swap for fad diets and short time exercise plans. I already have the next year planned out for workout schedules xD My ultimate aim is to be fit enough to complete a half marathon with my brother next year. After that...the sky is the limit (^.^) I've sent you a friend request, hopefully i can be helpful for you and provide some motivation/support as necessary hun. huge hugs and stuff! :D Hope you're well :)

I concur with Bubble; and lemme tell you SHE IS A GREAT FRIEND TO HAVE ON MFP. She always has positive things to say and comments on almost every status update with some great encouragement. Most people on MFP will do the same as well. Good luck with your journey sweetie and I will also add you to my friends!