Options
Hello, I am new to Fitness Pal and need encouragement and ideas on how to stay fit. I have tried losing weight with no luck. Any tips to help with my eating habits or any other words of encouragement would be great!

Replies

• mstrickland9
    mstrickland9 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! I myself am somewhat new as well, almost 4 weeks for me since I started on here. Have lost 2 pounds and hoping to lose about 48 more. Seems our goals are somewhat similar! Feel free to add me, I log in faithfully every day. Hope we can help and support each other and keep each other motivated! Good luck!
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on mfp for a bit, but just now started really using all it has to offer.
  • bri0628
    bri0628 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have found the best thing about fitness pal how much logging your food makes you realize the amount of calories in what we eat on a daily basis. It has persuaded me at times not to eat something because I was close to my goal for the day.

Best of luck on here. I'm sure it will be successful
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I log on everyday and I'm all about supporting others in words and actions towards greater overall fitness.
  • hbfirstlady
    hbfirstlady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same thing for me, Bri. I had no idea how many calories were in a lot of things like butter for instance. Couldn't believe the sodium content of Lean Cuisine either. I just started logging in my food on Monday and I have already learned so much.
  • copple95
    copple95 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello New here to...joined in 2012 for a bit then went to ww now I am back...Just started last Sunday. Feel free to add me as well! Always looking for encouragement and to encourage others. Most are all here for the same thing...I have 100 lbs to lose! Good luck and God Bless!
  • SleeveSisters
    Options
    @Rebbeca Try going to the doctor and asking for a strict diet plan for you. I believe that if you follow a Kaiser plan diet you will lose the weight. Also, if you like swimming its a great way to have fun and do aerobics at the same time.
    #followme here and on twitter @lovme4eternity to walk with me on my journey.
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
  • SleeveSisters
    Options
    Hello everyone who is new here. I am also new however I started my journey in Dec 2012. I am now 5 months into my journey and now I am ready to make it happen. Not sure how many of you are here because your on a WLS program or simply just want to lose weight on your own. I am friendly and willing to keep you encourage while we walk the journey together. Feel free to inbox me or simply send me a friend request... First learn to love yourself!
  • SleeveSisters
    Options
    @Rebeccasander Not sure if my last post took so i am going to reply again...Have you ever heard of the KAISER diet plan? Seek God first, then ask your doctor to provide you with a diet plan strictly for you and work it out. I sent you a friend request so i can continue to encourage you and hopefully you will allow God and I to walk with you on your journey. God will carry you through, I'm just here to keep you encouraged!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I've been here for almost 2 years and login regularly. Feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:

8488541.png
  • franniejin
    franniejin Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new as well! Would love to meet some great, encouraging people here :D I'm sick of being chubby, and always getting on and falling off the weightloss wagon. Time to really stick with it!