Losing my gym/exercise mojo

Options
I've been going hard at the gym since January and have been working hard on my diet, exercise and weight loss. Lately though I get to the gym and I just have no energy or motivation. I completed the C25K program and attempted a start at the C210K one.
When I go to do weights the machines etc are so clogged up with meatheads that there are hardly any free so I usually end up doing a few pin loaded machines then go. I also do a step aerobics class and a pump (weights) class once a week. Throw in a mountain hike once a month and thats it.

I'm thinking of trying to start running outdoors. I know it is going to be a lot harder than treadmill. Worried that we are going into winter here though and the days are a lot shorter. I can't go before hubby goes to work or when he gets back as it is dark. I'm also a full time mum to three. Could probably only run on weekends.

I don't really have a specific question, just wanted to voice my problems of late (not even really huge problems!).

Anyone lost their mojo and got it back?

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Don't go so "hard". Go nice and easy. Just plain walking and tracking your food intake will get your weight down.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm feeling in a rut, even just for a couple days, I try to remind myself how awesome I feel after a workout. It's like natural drugs, those endorphins. Eventually I do it & I'm like "aww yeah I feel amazing!" & then I'm usually pumped for the next day.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I seem to go through cycles. I will do great for a few months, and then all of a sudden it's blah. I'm in a blah cycle right now. But yeah, I WILL get it back so it's just a matter of weathering the storm.
  • becnaffine
    becnaffine Posts: 55
    Options
    Don't go so "hard". Go nice and easy. Just plain walking and tracking your food intake will get your weight down.

Yes I know I can do this if I just want to lose weight but I also want to tone up and get fit. In particular I want to run :)
  • Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am losing mine too. Not helpful I'm sure. I was going to class 3 times a week plus going to the gym my off days from class and walking 2-3 times a week. I have a sn child and a 1 yr old along with running my own business and helping out at my sons school. I just don't feel like doing anything. But whenever I do go to work out I do feel amazing when I am finished so I have to remember that. I just quit my day classes because I can't afford to go to work late. I am getting ready to start zumba classes a few night a week. Good luck and hopefully I can get mine back too.
  • FitForLaw
    FitForLaw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a personal trainer at the gym? They really help. Works for me. Even if you can only afford once per month.

Also, post your exercise online, in addition to logging food, and see if you can get support for working out that way.:smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Maybe try and switch your workouts a little bit. Buy a video program and start that. Replace one of your classes by another one. My rule of thumb personally is to stick to a routine I'll be able to keep up... so no 2 hours at the gym a day for me.