Weight loss using body tracking devices

Options
Hi
I am wanting to know how people who are monitoring their calories burned using one of the wearable all day type of trackers are finding weight loss.
Do you just cut from the value it gives you each day or always eat a set amount and are you now getting to eat more or less now you can more accurately monitor what is going on?

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit and love it. I got it to help me with some post op weight gain a couple of years ago and got addicted to the numbers it gave me. It really made losing weight easier--I knew what I was burning, so I could adjust my eating accordingly.

And when I had foot surgery a few months ago and had to spend 3 weeks in bed with my foot elevated 24/7, I didn't gain a pound--because I had the Fit and could scale back on my food to match my pitiful daily calorie burn while I was inert.

So yes, I change my eating day to daynbased on the numbers it gives me. Yesterday was a very active day, and I was able to eat 600 calories of ice cream along with real food and still have a 200 calorie deficit. Today, not so active (stuck at work), so I'll only be eating about 1700 calories-- none of which will be ice cream :-(
  • goldstargeek
    goldstargeek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wear a fitbit pedometer and will eat more or less depending on how active i am. On days I crossfit I also wear a heartrate monitor and eat back all the calories from that exercise. So quite often Ill end up eating 500 calories more on days I work out vs days where I sit at my desk job 12.5 hours.