1100-1200 caey guys,lories a day

Options
standoug888
standoug888 Posts: 126 Member
hey guys,
im wondering if 1100-1200 calories a day is extremely low for me im 6'0 and weigh 232 pounds I lost 87 pounds so far and my goal is to get between 210 and 220 if it is too low how many calories is good to eat a day? my calculator says to eat around 1600 but I feel that if I start eating that much it will throw everything off because I lost the 87 pounds in 4 months will that make me gain weight back? will I have to start exercising more? I do about 45mins to an hour of cardio and weight train 6 days a week

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. I'm a 5'8" 114lb female and I maintain around with around that many calories. You're bigger, taller, and male. Eat.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bro! if it aint broken, dont fix it!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Extremely low isn't an adequate adjective.

To put it into perspective, at moderately active (3-5 days per week) your TDEE is around 3500 calories. Even with an aggressive deficit of 1000 (2 lbs a week) you should be around 2500.

If 1600 is your MFP goal, you are supposed to log and eat those calories back.

I strongly suggest you check out this group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

You are going to destroy your metabolism
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If you did calculations right, then yes, eat that.

But, don't be surprised if you do gain a little back.If you're eating too little, you'll have put your body in 'starvation mode'. So once you start feeding it more than it's use to, it's going to save up those extra calories; Because your body doesn't know that this is going to be a constant thing, now, and it's taking what it can get.

But you'll even out soon and you should go back down :)
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Dude. Eat more. I'm only 5'2" & weigh about 100lbs less than you, & even I eat more than that, AND I know I'm on the low-end of calorie intake!
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Eating that low for a day or 2 isn't that bad, but continuously is not good for a guy your size.
  • myb4242
    myb4242 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your body needs 1200 just to function .. like breathing. You do need more calories. And losing 87#s in 4 months is way too much. Losing gradually allows your body to adjust to the weight loss. Check out Bob Greene's books .. I think in 20 YEARS YOUNGER (I think that's the name of the book), he tells you how many calories you need to eat depending on the amount of exercise you do to lose weight. Personally, I'm going to attempt 1600 cpd .. goal #1 a week weight loss, no more than 2#s.