This was my 8 minute AB workout today.

Options
This ab workout consists of one long continuous set, with no breaks in between exercises, you need to maintain constant strain on your abdominals.

Start with basic crunches, I like to put my hands out in front of me with my hands clasped together. Do whatever postion you like, but avoid pulling on the back of the neck. Bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor. We're doing 50 slow reps..feel those abs contracting.

Let's add a Russian twist to this. Raising your shoulders off the ground slowly twist your torso from side to side. You want your right elbow turning towards your left knee, and your left elbow turning towards your right knee. These are gonna burn so let's try 20, in strict form!

Onto leg raises. Extend you rlegs in front of you making sure that your feet don't touch the floor.. you want to start with them together, 8 inches off the floor.before raising them so that your legs form a 45 degree angle, crank out 25 of these babies!

Back into a set of crunches. this time do them with your legs straight, extended flat out accross the floor. While you're doing these crunches, pretend there's an imaginary string pulling your upper torso off the floor, do 50 of these.

Now fling your legs into the sir and let's do some Pikes. Your arms are out straight pointing towards the floor, as you raise your shoulders in an attempt to tough your toes. All the while your bum is lifting slightly off the floor. As you lower your shoulders to the floor your legs come down again, into a bend position on the floor. No sooner do they touch and you're beginning the next rep..go for 25 reps. On the last rep leave your legs straight up in the air so your toes are pointing towards the ceiling. Do 30 crunches to intensify that burn.

Then cut the abs with some scissors. Lower your legs so that they're 12 inches off the floor, lock your arms behind your head. Lifting your right shoulder off the floor twist your torso just as your opposite leg, or left knee, bend into your right elbow. Immediately lower your knee and shoulder and then twist your left elbow towards your right knee Try doing 25 of these before lowering your shoulders to the ground for your final exercise.

Which is a set of 50 basic crunches, like the ones you did in the beginning of the workout. Exercise SLOW, strict reps,as that burn spreads like fire!

Of course if you need to lower the reps to your fitness level, DO SO! I want you to be able to breathe in the morning without your stomach killing you!

You've done 275 crunches in less then 8 minutes!

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!, I think i'll try it tomorrow, billy killed my abs today, so i'll let you kill them tomorrow :D
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have decent abs, but I know there is no way that I could do all of that consecutively! Also throw some 30 second alternating 1 armed planks at the end to get a nice, complete burn.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have decent abs, but I know there is no way that I could do all of that consecutively! Also throw some 30 second alternating 1 armed planks at the end to get a nice, complete burn.

Good idea..if you have anything left to give! lol...I'm not a huge plank fan, I find them way too easy, i've tried at least 6 variations, from rocking back and forth to going up on one hand and one foot, to extending the hands further out...nothing..I can hold it forever..dunno..strong core I guess :laugh:
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl love it love the burn!!! adding this in my daily routine!!! thanks again!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

Good idea..if you have anything left to give! lol...I'm not a huge plank fan, I find them way too easy, i've tried at least 6 variations, from rocking back and forth to going up on one hand and one foot, to extending the hands further out...nothing..I can hold it forever..dunno..strong core I guess :laugh:

When I was doing abs everyday I got up to 1 minute per arm and then switch and I could do this for 3 minutes. Something you could try is putting a 5-10 lb weight on your back when you do them. Another something interesting to try would be to put your feet and elbows on two ab balls.
  • imagymrat
    Options

When I was doing abs everyday I got up to 1 minute per arm and then switch and I could do this for 3 minutes. Something you could try is putting a 5-10 lb weight on your back when you do them. Another something interesting to try would be to put your feet and elbows on two ab balls.

I can hold the plank with my 60lb 5yr old on my back..lol..i've been doing it so long, that my best bet is to stop doing them and in 3-4 months re-introduce them..then it's new again, but i'm a strong gal, my arms don't get tired..literally held the plank pos for 47 minutes and won a free lulu lemon outfit, we did it as a fundraiser, I only let go cause I was the last one standing.:laugh:
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    thanks! :drinker:
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I might try your ab routine, but I promise I will be swearing at you the whole time I do it, LOL!!!
  • littlelisa24
    littlelisa24 Posts: 127
    Options
    I will be doing that after i do the 200 crunches challenge!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Good stuff as always Girl!

Becca:drinker:
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've printed it off and I'll try to do it tomorrow, but it does look like a tough one.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Another something interesting to try would be to put your feet and elbows on two ab balls.

This is a great variation, using either swiss balls or dyna discs.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Awesome! I will be doing this when I get home from work...contemplated trying it now at work since no one is around, but that would be the minute someone came into my office!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Thanks>>>>>>>BUMP!
  • imagymrat
    Options
    I've got some good feedback onthis workout! I'm glad it's challenging, you can add more exercises to this if you wish, but I'm trying to keep it under 8 minutes, get it over with! Abs aren't my favourite to work, so I like to get em in and get em done!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've got some good feedback onthis workout! I'm glad it's challenging, you can add more exercises to this if you wish, but I'm trying to keep it under 8 minutes, get it over with! Abs aren't my favourite to work, so I like to get em in and get em done!

thanks for sharing that :flowerforyou:
    i will try it
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    amazing! deff saving this
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bump
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142