Growing older Gracefully

Options
Hi, I'm 65 and would like to look good as well as feel good. I don't mind getting older, but I do mind not looking or feeling better about myself. I would like to pal up with others that understand my point.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look way younger than 65!!
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome. I, myself, will turn 65 in a few days, and I do not look as young as you. This is another try at healthy living for me, there have been many tries, but as I age I realize that it is not just important but vital that I come to grips with my food and health issues. I would appreciate any encouragement or suggestions that I can get on my voyage, and I am willing to help you, if you would like that. Now, the problem, I don't know how to "friend" someone, so you will have to initiate that process, if you would, please. Thank you for posting, and may our paths be smooth.
  • lavonfabian
    lavonfabian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW -- You look GREAT.... I will be 62 in June, and just started dieting (Dr's orders... even though I KNEW I need to) and I'm really hoping that putting down everything I eat will help me not "graze" all day, they way I normally do... it's a terrible habit I'm trying to break.

I'm willing to be a buddy to other women my age - maybe we can motivate each other... I'd be thrilled to look as great as you do, at 65 --- NOW !!!
  • simeonce
    simeonce Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you.. will be 66 in Aug.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome. I, myself, will turn 65 in a few days, and I do not look as young as you. This is another try at healthy living for me, there have been many tries, but as I age I realize that it is not just important but vital that I come to grips with my food and health issues. I would appreciate any encouragement or suggestions that I can get on my voyage, and I am willing to help you, if you would like that. Now, the problem, I don't know how to "friend" someone, so you will have to initiate that process, if you would, please. Thank you for posting, and may our paths be smooth.

You just click on someone's pic and then click 'add as friend'.

simeonce you look good! I'm 41 but I understand your concerns. Sent you a friend request!
  • mmiller7007
    Options
    I'm looking for someone to pal up with. I dread going to the doc because I know he will say lose weight (like I don't know that), so I keep putting it off. I am getting older and it bites, but when I think of the alternative....
  • FitForLaw
    FitForLaw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree with your approach. I think as we get older it becomes more important to be consistent. Support is an important part of that. Especially if you try to log daily and egg each other on.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    WOW -- You look GREAT.... I will be 62 in June, and just started dieting (Dr's orders... even though I KNEW I need to) and I'm really hoping that putting down everything I eat will help me not "graze" all day, they way I normally do... it's a terrible habit I'm trying to break.

I'm willing to be a buddy to other women my age - maybe we can motivate each other... I'd be thrilled to look as great as you do, at 65 --- NOW !!!

I've always been a grazer. That did not stop me from losing 26% of my original body weight. It's your total calorie intake that counts. If you need to eat frequently, like I do, go ahead.
  • mmiller7007
    Options
    I have been back on these boards for 2 day and hae met a lot of friendly, caring people. It's great to be back.