Leaner Legs

Options
I have been struggling to lose the 15 pounds I have gained in the past couple of months, and then I just tried on a pair of jeans that used to fit me 2 months ago and they will not go past my thighs. I have been exercising 5 days a week for at least an hr, but does anyone have any good advice on how to get thinner legs and lose that 15 pounds?

Replies

• samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    I'd be interested to see what someone posts to you..I am in the same predicament, last 15 lbs, and still have thunder thighs...and I dance for 2 hours one night a week., run 2 days a week and do resistance training on my legs.....STILL BIG and not muscular either.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Id be intersted in what people have to say as I am worried that once I lose the weight my legs and hips are still going to be big.
  • littlelisa24
    littlelisa24 Posts: 127
    Options
    Ladies try pilates it's supposed to stregthen and elongate them along with toneing. The only other thing is how much cardio are you doing and at what Heart rate range? Besides that i don't know i have big muscular quads. Oh also go to this website hundredpushup.com there is a squat challenge that will strengthen you leg muscles. When you burn the fat i would think you would want to replace it with muscle. Besides that I have never been in the position to lose weight...i'm trying to gain some.
  • texasmaggie
    Options
    I have same problem with 10 more pounds I hope to lose. From what I understand, thigh and butt fat are the hardest fat to be lost. It is in our genes and our body types (apple vs pear) won't ever change. You cannot "spot" lose fat. We do have less risk of heart disease than those with stubborn belly fat though. Just sayin......
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    I lost the most inches of my thighs when I was doing Physique 57. I absolutely love it! http://www.physique57.com/free-30-day-trial
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have found my legs have gotten super skinny for spinning in the winter and cycling outside in the summer. I also don't do any squats or lunges with weights as I don't want them to get bigger, and my physiotherapist said lifting my own body weight is enough and better for my knees.

Good luck!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I get in the pool everyday and kick like crazy....it is starting to make a difference. Squats and lunges are also effective!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    running is good.. Lunges, side lunges, squats.. Make sure that you are stretching your legs out after you exercise. Stretching will help lengthen the muscle which makes it look long and lean. I was alternating between running and doing my Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd because BL works all those different muscles that running doesn't get. Good luck. and I hope this helps.
  • GirlTenney
    GirlTenney Posts: 33
    Options
    I have big legs but what I hate is those fat pouches on my thigh. They are so grose and never seem to go away!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bumpin
  • MrsNeuman
    MrsNeuman Posts: 76
    Options
    bump
  • EmmaCusted
    EmmaCusted Posts: 12
    Options
    squats and lunges EVERYDAY.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shimacrema
    shimacrema Posts: 87
    Options
    How is your diet? I would also have to agree with not enough cardio. Lunges and squats with heavy weights and low reps would be good also. Try ChaLean Extreme. If its fat on your thighs, then toned muscle (lifting) will burn fat! Please do not be afraid of heavy weights. It will make you strong and burn the fat away. Women do not have enough testosterone to become massive. Sorry for the rant lol. If you just naturally have big thighs with little fat I would go with pilates or yoga. Something to lengthen your muscles in your leg. Just my 2 cents hope it helps some.

Shima
  • FleurDuAmbition
    Options
    Depends what you are doing as a workout routine? You may be replacing fat with muscle. I had this problem. I would suggest doing only 30min daily of exercise also lower your protein intake. Do 30 min Aerobics one day and 30 min strength the day after there is no need to overkill or pound the legs. Pilates is amazing for lean legs as well. You can even do the short 10 min session of Windsor Pilates on youtube.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    My thighs and cellulite have significantly toned up and lost inches from the following workout:

3 rounds:
    400 meter run
    40 walking lunges
    40 sit ups

That is one of my favorite workouts to do because I can go outside and do it while my young children play.

Of course, I do a lot more cardio as well - run 2 miles, elliptical, and CrossFit (that workout is actually a CrossFit benchmark workout), but it was when I started that routine in particular that I saw a huge difference.