question about ezekiel bread

Options
BeckyAnne4
BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
I'm thinking of making the switch to Ezekiel Bread, and I have a sort of silly question. Is it pre-sliced? While doing some web-surfing, I kept getting images of a whole (unsliced) loaf of bread. I ask because I'm not quite to the point that I can always eyeball portions, so I still depend on some things to be pre-portioned, or very easily measureable. This sounds a little ridiculous, I know, I'm sorry! Since the closest store to me that carries it it about 15 miles away, I'm trying to find out before I make a special trip.

Replies

• jaja76
    jaja76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's sliced. You can find it in the freezer sections. I switched to Ezekiel bread about six months ago and would recommend giving it a try.
  • BeckyAnne4
    Options
    *happy dance* THANK YOU!
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just made the switch this past week too and am surprised by how much I like it! :smile:
  • CatMcCheesey
    CatMcCheesey Posts: 143
    Options
    I love their Cinnamon Raisin bread! Ezekiel tortillas and English muffins are really good, too.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I buy the local version from a local baker and it does not come pre-sliced that way. That might be the pictures you've seen.
  • calculustiger
    Options
    Their cinnamon raisin bread is delicious. In general, their bread gives a good amount of mass per calorie.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I use their English Muffins and LOVE them.
  • crazyweirdo
    crazyweirdo Posts: 11
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a question for you... What is Ezekiel bread? :huh:
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a question for you... What is Ezekiel bread? :huh:
    ^^^This^^^
  • keepitnewmarcia
    keepitnewmarcia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes's carries it. I freeze a loaf or two and just toast it! Might save u a trip to the store 15 miles with the price of gas!
    Marcia, Northern Va.
  • BeckyAnne4
    Options
    ^^^This^^^

Better-for-you bread! http://www.foodforlife.com/
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The raisin bread is addictive, so beware!:blushing:
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    It molds in about 5 days on the counter too FYI
  • christied829
    Options
    Glad this topic came up, I'm going to buy some tomorrow!
  • Susan1711
    Susan1711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Ezekiel Bread for 2 years.. Love it!!! I saw someone post that it molded after 5 days kept on the counter. I keep mine in the refrigerator and lightly toast it when I want some.. The cinnamon raisin is my favorite..
  • leannaona
    leannaona Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's the only bread I eat. It comes in the freezer section in the health food section of my grocery store.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of making the switch to Ezekiel Bread, and I have a sort of silly question. Is it pre-sliced? While doing some web-surfing, I kept getting images of a whole (unsliced) loaf of bread. I ask because I'm not quite to the point that I can always eyeball portions, so I still depend on some things to be pre-portioned, or very easily measureable. This sounds a little ridiculous, I know, I'm sorry! Since the closest store to me that carries it it about 15 miles away, I'm trying to find out before I make a special trip.

Yes it is sliced and awesome! As a vegan I absolutely love the Ezekiel 4:9 bread. I was not a big fan of the low sodium bread. I have been eating it for years but I had to take a break since I can't afford $6 bread on a college student's budget. Enjoy!

It is yummy toasted and with a bit of Earth Balance!
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Best.Name.Ever
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    ^^^This^^^

The most vile thing in the universe. Honest to God made me barf every time I tried it.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    We tried Ezekiel Bread and didn't like it. It's always really badly freezer burnt. :(