Should I change my settings?

Options
I'm wondering if I should change my activity level. I listed myself as sedentary, but I didn't account for my job. I work as a nurse and spend the bettter part of my 8hour shift standing up and moving around. I don't know if you are supposed to account for occupation in your activity level. I'm asking because I'm intrigued by this eating more and losing more weight concept. My calories with the sedentary setting are 1320 and with the lightly active setting, they increase to 1510 that's a big difference. Maybe that's why I haven't been losing my target 2lbs a week!

Replies

• iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would definitely increase it, check out the descriptions...

Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)

Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. nurse, salesman)

Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)

Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

Your job is right there under Lightly Active! :) Although the way you describe it, you might even be at more like the Active level.
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I work as a CNA and am on my feet running up and down halls....that counts for something!!! Especially for our BMR. Mine usually averages 1730... I would change it :)