Will someone talk to me about Shakeology?

Options
I have heard of Shakeology alot. Is it a protein shake used in conjunction with a workout plan? Please advise. :)

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, you're about to get your email flooded with coaches wanting you to buy from them, lol.

Shakeology itself is a protein shake: mostly whey with probiotics, enzymes, and a bunch of "superfoods". It can be used as a meal replacement or with meals if you need extra calories.

Here is info from the beachbody site about the workout DVD's:

==================

This set of 2 DVDs contains a 30-minute workout and a 50-minute workout. Start by doing the 30-minute workout three times a week. Then rotate in the 50-minute workout once a week. Go at your own pace, but don't be afraid to push yourself. Soon, you'll notice more muscle tone and fewer food cravings. Aim to get strong enough to do The 50 three times a week.

2 workouts

* The 30

This is a balanced combination of cardiovascular intervals to burn calories, and strength moves to tone your muscles and build your metabolism.

* The 50

As your body becomes stronger and more efficient, The 50 will accelerate your progress—your strength, cardiovascular fitness, and flexibility—in an easy-to-follow format.

The program

* Just replace one meal a day with Shakeology, exercise three times a week, and follow a balanced eating plan. It's that simple.

* You'll lower cholesterol levels, lose pounds, and shed inches.

* Participants in an independent study who combined The Shake, The Workout, and our Eating Plan for 90 days1 dropped 10 pounds and 2 inches off their waistline. They also improved their digestion, increased their energy levels, and lowered their total cholesterol on average by 30% and LDL ("bad") cholesterol by 38% on average.*

The workouts are $30 and a tub of shakeology is just under $120 for 30 servings. You can get also get the dvd's free if you sign up for autoshipping.
  • mrskathywright
    Options
    Go to my website www.myshakeology.com/twoblessed - all the information is there on Shakeology. It's a protein drink and MUCH more!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, you're about to get your email flooded with coaches wanting you to buy from them, lol.
    :laugh: That was my first thought as well!!:tongue:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    oops
  • fabandfitmama
    Options
    Hi Michellerw1!
    Ghanie is right you are about to get a boat load of responses from other coaches. He is also right as far as how he has explained the details of Shakeology.
    Here is my personal testimony:
    There are 2 things about me that I have always dealt with and that is being a snacker and issues with my digestive system. Prior to Shakeology it would take me forever to have an elimination (literally days) but I was so impressed with what Shakeology did for me drinking it became my morning routine. The other thing was it curbed my snack cravings (cravings period). Because Shakeology helped with my digestive issues and snack attacks, I lost like 5lbs when I first started. I finally can say that I am regular and no longer a snacker! I will admit Greenberry has a distinct taste but it has become my favorite. There is also choc as well. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The workouts are $30 and a tub of shakeology is just under $120 for 30 servings. You can get also get the dvd's free if you sign up for autoshipping.
    I thought the DVD sets were over $100? Least that's what I see on the nightly infomercial, dunno, not something I've tried, I just remember some members saying how costly they felt they were.

Yea I think it is, 3 paymens of $30-ish...?

I think you're getting the Shakeology DVDs mixed up with other Beachbody fitness program DVDs. I have never seen those advertised on TV and actually didn't know they existed until I placed my first Shakeology order.

The other programs, P90X, Insanity and several others do cost around $120 for the DVD sets. But those are full fitness programs as opposed to some exercises to increase activity for Shakeology users wanting to lose weight. I have the DVDs because they came free with my home direct order. If you're already active or pursuing some type of exercise I don't think the specific Shakeology DVDs are necessary.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I thought the DVD sets were over $100? Least that's what I see on the nightly infomercial, dunno, not something I've tried, I just remember some members saying how costly they felt they were.

Yea I think it is, 3 paymens of $30-ish...?

I think you're getting the Shakeology DVDs mixed up with other Beachbody fitness program DVDs. I have never seen those advertised on TV and actually didn't know they existed until I placed my first Shakeology order.

The other programs, P90X, Insanity and several others do cost around $120 for the DVD sets. But those are full fitness programs as opposed to some exercises to increase activity for Shakeology users wanting to lose weight. I have the DVDs because they came free with my home direct order. If you're already active or pursuing some type of exercise I don't think the specific Shakeology DVDs are necessary.
    Oh, ok, you're right as I didn't realize the shake mix had a DVD set. Wow, lots to the Beachbody program I don't know.

Thanks for clarifying :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hi Michellerw1!
    Ghanie is right you are about to get a boat load of responses from other coaches. He is also right as far as how he has explained the details of Shakeology.

I'm actually the girl in the photo, lol.

As for the digestion ... it's the probiotics that are keeping things moving ... it's kinda what they do. :flowerforyou:
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Oh no I will prepare my inbox for flooding. I was just curious. I am not all that into protein shakes because they seem too processed. I do drink kombucha for probiotics. Gets yA moving for sure.

I m moving and going to school in fall so cannot justify expensive supplements.

Thanks everyone!
  • tx_mark
    tx_mark Posts: 6
    Options
    My nephew talked to me about this drink called Shakeology. I was skeptic at first and then decided to try it for 1 month. It has a money back guarantee less s/h if the person doesn't feel results in 30 days. I'm on day 5 and I can't believe it but it really works and is actually the healthiest meal of my day and comes in a shake that is out of this world. I love chocolate, so I'm speaking of the chocolate drink which I mix with chocolate soy milk due to a lactose intolerant issue I have. I literally can't wait to drink the shake each day and it replaces 1 meal. Only downside, I wish I would have started it before I went to the grocery store, ha! Anyway, I feel more energized, eat way less than I did and after 4 days (yesterday 07/11/10) put on a suit and my coat wasn't snug. I had to button it and unbutton it several times just to make sure. I signed up as a Coach because it's cheaper each month that way. Check out my website for more information. http://myshakeology.com/mealshake/
  • TatianaB
    TatianaB Posts: 5
    Options
    Can someone give me a idea of what shakeology taste like?
  • bluehorsesjp
    Options
    Can someone give me a idea of what shakeology taste like?

the chocolate tastes like dutch chocolate ice cream or maybe a dark chocolate. I mixed my Chocolate shakeology with almond milk, and frozen blueberries. It tasted like a delicious chocolate milk shake.
    The green berry is hard to explain. I think it tastes a bit like wheat grass, "green". It does not taste bad. I added frozen blueberries, a squeeze of lemon juice and some blueberry yogurt. Very tasty.
    You can get samples from a beachbody coach, which of course I am one of. You cam PM me, or your contact any BB coach for samples.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i really thought the choc tasted like dark chocolate........and im not a huge fan. but they have a recipe that you can add in peanut butter and that made it taste better!
    the green one does taste very much like wheat grass. i like wheat grass and liked the green shake but definately thought it would be better with berries added. im sure a coach would be happy to send you a free sample!
  • TatianaB
    Options
    I purchased Shakeology and got it in the mail today. I was reading the label and saw that it has cinnamon in it...Grrreeeat..was my first thought. I HATE THE TASTE OF CINNAMON! and because I cant stand cinnamon when its in something I taste it more than the average person. On a better note my kids LOVED IT! I made it into a frosty and they couldnt put it down. I would like to continue on it and I'm hoping that Greenberry does not have the same "cinnamony" taste going on. Any sugestions on things to add to cover up that taste? Id be fine with it if it wasnt for that.
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    TatianaB... you can always return it if you don't like it. Contact your coach and tell them that you would like to try Greenberry (if you didn't sign up for a mix shipment) and they can have it changed for you. There are lots of recipes on the shakeology site that taste wonderful. My favorite is milk and PB... tastes just like a Reeses PB cup!
  • debsmith5
    Options
    Lose weight
    Reduce cravings
    Increase energy and stamina
    Promote healthy digestion and regularity
    Lower cholesterol1
    Tastes delicious, too.

How Shakeology works

Ingredients derived from whole-food sources deliver the daily vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients your body needs to curb cravings, allowing it to shed stored fat.
    More than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.
    Fiber, prebiotics, and digestive enzymes help your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently and promote better absorption of nutrients.*
    What's in Shakeology

Protein and essential amino acids help build muscles and reduce food cravings.
    Prebiotics and digestive enzymes aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption.
    Antioxidants and phytonutrients help counteract free radical damage that can lead to degenerative diseases.
    A daily dose of vitamins and minerals provides your body what it needs to function for optimal health.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    * Participants in an independent study who combined The Shake, The Workout, and our Eating Plan for 90 days1 dropped 10 pounds and 2 inches off their waistline. They also improved their digestion, increased their energy levels, and lowered their total cholesterol on average by 30% and LDL ("bad") cholesterol by 38% on average.*
    Eating a healthy, low saturated fat diet at a modest calorie deficit and doing aerobic exercise of at least 30 mins a day will get you the same results without having to shell out the dough....
  • johnphays
    Options
    Tons of great Shakeology recipes out there. Try adding mint extract, vanilla extract, etc....add nut butter, banana, a bit of cold coffee, all kinds of ways to change up the flavor!

Above all, keep in mind that downing that every day will ensure you get all your vitamins and nutrients!